See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

The desk staff was outside smoking cigarettes by the front door. I got there at 2:30pm. As I walk through the front door, I hear “here comes a check-in, they never wait till 3pm.” The other person, looks like housekeeper, smoking with her says, “make him wait or tell him to come back at 3pm.” Now I am 6ft away of course I can hear. She makes me wait just a minute before helping me. She then gets a call. “You looking for who, is she the girl who looks like a man?” Wow, I was speechless.
As I walked up to the building, there was trash everywhere. I opened the door to the building I was in and there is trash, like a trash can was dumped inside the door to the building.
Why is the staff standing around doing nothing, complaining about having to serve the clients when their facility is so trashed.
Noisy, too little insulation for that close to the freeway. Lots of trucks parking in the parking lot.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
clarioninnsockton, Webmaster at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways because of staff. Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future..

Reviewed September 5, 2017

The only nice thing to speak about is the folks at the front desk, we were pulling an RV and the staff put us in a room where we could see our RV. The room was adequate, nothing to write home about. This hotel needs a lot of TLC. The outside was dirty and not manicured. It appears that a lot of local folks live there on a permanent basis. The noise was horrible, couldn't really sleep. The laundry room was dirty, the carpet in the hallways were filthy and smelly. There was a smell of urine by the ice machine. However, the breakfast wasn't bad. I would never stay here or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sissy B
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Sissy B,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. We appreciate your time in pointing out the areas in most need of attention as we work towards updating and improving upon our accommodations. We do hope that you'll change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area
and withholding your valuable recommendation of our hotel to others.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

We booked the suite since we have a large family. It was the worst hotel I have ever seen. There was broken glass on the sidewalk. Garbage floating in the pool. The hot tub was literally green and foamy. The hair dryer was torn out of the wall. The vent in the bathroom was hanging from the ceiling. The bedspread had a red/crusty stain on it. It reeked of smoke: cigarettes and marijuana. There were a lot of sketchy types loitering around and it was 3pm. No way were we going to keep our children there. Luckily, they issued a refund and we got out of there as quickly as we could. So happy we didn't arrive late at night.

Room Tip: Run away as fast as you can!
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Momamy2017
christa J, Webmaster at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions despite not staying with us. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and in providing a great place to stay for so many guests, and I deeply regret that we let you down. Perhaps you will give us another try in the future so we can do a better job of satisfying you.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Low rates because it's not a great place to stay! 1st night we had marijuana smell in the whole building and they moved us to a building where it seemed like drug dealers stayed! Couldn't get a refund so we were stuck here! Would not stay here again!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank T Z
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Dear T Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We do not have drug dealer people in the hotel or around the hotel, I assure you that we take such issues very seriously and we are investigating this claim. We understand that you are hesitant to return based on this experience, though we hope to have another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

I booked this hotel online as I was going to be in the area. When I walked in they had buckets scattered throughout the lobby catching the rain that was leaking in (not a good sign).
The staff was friendly and check in went smooth.
The room was dark and extremely dated. TV kept cutting in and out so it was difficult to watch anything.
The internet was slow and spotty as well.
This hotel should definitely get a visit from under cover boss.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
christa J, webmaster at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your valuable comments and for staying with us. I’m sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, we will continue to improve our services and infrastructures.I hope you will try us again in the future.