“Great Location. Small beds. Clean. No breakfast.”
Review of Courtyard Stockton

Courtyard Stockton
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed in the Marriott in Oct 2012.
We choose this hotel mainly for it's location. It is in an upper class neighbourhood and felt very safe.
There are three of us travelling. Two adults and one 11 year old boy.
We got a room with two queens....but the beds certainly looked a lot smaller than queen and also felt very small.
We did sleep well tho and made the most of it.

The location also makes it very easy to get to the shopping area.
We drove straight to Target and the Halloween store which were close by. You'll find all the fast food restaurants and Olive Garden too, very close and easy to access.

With so many hotels now providing a breakfast we were disappointed to find that the Courtyard by Marriott Stockton provided no morning meal. There is a Starbucks in the lobby if you want to purchase a muffin or whatever.
With the amounts that you pay it would be nice to be provided with bagels/toast/cereal.
For a family travelling it really does make a big difference.

The front staff at this hotel were simply awesome. So friendly and welcoming.

We would stay again but may also consider the competition like Holiday Inn Express which supplies breakfast for the same competitive rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CanuckMama
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Canuck Mama, thank you for choosing the Courytard Stockon on your recent trip! Our rooms in fact are equipped with Double or Full Size Beds, rather than Queen sized beds. I do hope that this was not incorrectly relayed to you, as I have checked out websites to ensure the information has the correct sizing posted. I am glad to hear that you were please with our location and great service! We absolutely pride ourselves on service excellence. In order to provide a higher quality and personalized breakfast, Marriott is offering the Bistro at all Courtyard by Marriott hotel's, a transition from it's previous format and meal options. While we do not include this in our rate, we offer several different options for our guest at a very reasonable price. We appreciate your feedback and are looking into building packages that include breakfast for our guests as well. Thank you again!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have stayed here in the past- visited here for Family Weekend at UOP. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The hotel is conveniently located, in a better part of town. Not the Waterfront (but not Waterfront prices either) but it seems to be in a better area than the Hilton, where I have also stayed. I travel all over the world for business so I might be a little jaded, but this is a fine hotel and I would definitely stay here again next year.

Room Tip: If it's going to rain, request a room that is not near a downspout- very noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Stockton! Many of our guests find our location to be favorable because we are in the Brookside community, close to many restaurants as well as easy access to the 5 Freeway and University of the Pacific. I am always glad to hear that your had a good experience, our fabulous staff is the reason we won Courtyard by Marriott's 2011 Hotel of the Year! We hope to be your choice during your next visit to UOP.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently spent two nights in Stockton with my girlfriends. We were there to see Cirque de Soleil and decided to spend the night rather than drive home late at night (two hour drive). We extended our trip an additional day to visit bead stores in the area. We had a wonderful stay. We had a suite. It was large, clean and a very comfortable place for three adults. Staff was very responsive when we called and asked for additional towels. This hotel has a bistro with limited hours and a limited menu, but we ate two meals there and could not have been more pleased. Staff in the bistro were great. There areas to sit and relax if you choose to not sit in your room. Only negative was that the pull our bed could have had a better mattress. We had an absolutely great time and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Sherry R, we appreciate your review of Courtyard Stockton! I will certainly pass on the kind words about our Bistro staff. I am also glad you found your room to be spacious and comfortable, but we will definitely look into our mattresses on the sofa bed. Please let the Front Desk know in the future and we will gladly substitute it for a rollaway or replace the mattress if possible. It is always our goal to ensure our guest's get a good night sleep. Thank you again and happy to be a part of you and your friends memories!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here while attending my Family Reunion. My family and I had two rooms, one for our children and one for us, it was great! The staff here is amazing. There wasn't a thing that we needed. The rooms were clean, the A/C was wonderful after spending a day out in the heat. I absolutely loved the Starbucks bar and my husband and I had an enjoyable time in our Jacuzzi room. Overall my experience here was amazing and I would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Katie G, General Manager at Courtyard Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Cashieta, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Courtyard Stockton, as well as our hotel amenites, like our Starbucks that is available 24 hours. I will make sure to share your compliments with our Staff, they certainly strive to deliver superior customer service to our guests. We hope you visit us again when you return to Stockton and thank you again for your review and recommendation!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at Courtyard in Stockton. What a beautiful property in a beautiful location. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was very nice. We had a delightful stay. Highly recommend this Courtyard.

Room Tip: There is a Bistro but no complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
StocktonRIGM, General Manager at Courtyard Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Hello Hulies,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review for our property. We greatly appreciate your kind words and we are so excited that you had such a great stay with us! It is this type of appreciation that has led us to be recognized as Courtyard by Marriott’s Hotel of the Year. Thank you again for the great compliments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Courtyard by Marriott
Stockton, California

Reviewed April 27, 2012

In town on business, my wife and I checked-in late one evening for a 2 night stay. Even though it was late, the Front Desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately, the room (219) was not so welcoming. As soon as the A/C unit kicked-on, the room was filled with a foul odor of mildew. Maintenance came and checked the unit and then sprayed the room and unit with deodorizer. The deodorizer did not last, however and we endured the rest of the night.

The next day, the management appologetically moved us to another room, which ended up being much better. Every worker that we came in contact with was very friendly. There seems to be a great team here that produces a positive experience for the clientele. They made the best of a negative situation. That's all that I could ask for.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 219.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruinsmith

Dear Bruinsmith,

Thank you for your response. We here at the Courtyard realize that it is our job
to ensure that each and every room is up to the standard that you have come to expect from Marriott hotels. We truly apologize for any inconvenience that the AC unit may have caused you.
We also appreciate that you commented on our staff, which prides
themselves on the job that they do.
Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to turn a negative into a positive. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Stockton!

The Courtyard Stockton team.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Best customer service I have had at a hotel. Would stay their again

• Stayed: March 2012