“Nice”
Review of Courtyard Stockton

Courtyard Stockton
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at Courtyard in Stockton. What a beautiful property in a beautiful location. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was very nice. We had a delightful stay. Highly recommend this Courtyard.

Room Tip: There is a Bistro but no complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
StocktonRIGM, General Manager at Courtyard Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Hello Hulies,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review for our property. We greatly appreciate your kind words and we are so excited that you had such a great stay with us! It is this type of appreciation that has led us to be recognized as Courtyard by Marriott’s Hotel of the Year. Thank you again for the great compliments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Courtyard by Marriott
Stockton, California

Reviewed April 27, 2012

In town on business, my wife and I checked-in late one evening for a 2 night stay. Even though it was late, the Front Desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately, the room (219) was not so welcoming. As soon as the A/C unit kicked-on, the room was filled with a foul odor of mildew. Maintenance came and checked the unit and then sprayed the room and unit with deodorizer. The deodorizer did not last, however and we endured the rest of the night.

The next day, the management appologetically moved us to another room, which ended up being much better. Every worker that we came in contact with was very friendly. There seems to be a great team here that produces a positive experience for the clientele. They made the best of a negative situation. That's all that I could ask for.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 219.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruinsmith

Dear Bruinsmith,

Thank you for your response. We here at the Courtyard realize that it is our job
to ensure that each and every room is up to the standard that you have come to expect from Marriott hotels. We truly apologize for any inconvenience that the AC unit may have caused you.
We also appreciate that you commented on our staff, which prides
themselves on the job that they do.
Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to turn a negative into a positive. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Stockton!

The Courtyard Stockton team.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Best customer service I have had at a hotel. Would stay their again

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend this hotel when in the Stockton, CA area. It is set in a beautiful woodsy area across from a lake. Even though it faces a major busy street, I could not hear the traffic noise in the hotel.

The bistro/bar restaurant has a limited menu but quite adquate if you do not want to leave the hotel for any meal.

The staff is excellent in their willingness to provide just about any service a business or causal traveler might want. They are ALWAYS willing to bend over backwards to assist in providing a great hotel environment, good recommendations on place to eat nearby and entertainment recommendation.

Room Tip: Whenever I need accommadations in the Stockton area, this is my first choice in hotels. I do not thi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wes1942
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you have stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott; you will be familiar with this property.

Check-in was efficient and quick. I was off to my room in a jiffy. The lobby offers a pleasing welcome and a hint of things to come.

My room was on the second floor, right by the elevator (uh-oh was my first thought). However the room had a short hallway from the doorway to the sleeping area. I found this to be helpful with hallway noise. I did not hear the elevator or the usual hallway noise. Doors opening and closing, people talking, etc.

The bed was very comfortable, the room spacious. The TV is was located to the side of the bed. If you are traveling with another person; this maybe a problem. One would have to look over the other to watch the TV from the bed or sit up. The room was clean as expected. There is a small patio with no furniture which looked out on the parking lot and an office building. Not sure what use that serves.

I would stay here again and would recommend this property to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Solo67_4
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stockton prices were surprisingly expensive. Stayed at this hotel for two nights with my son for a Perfect Game college baseball event as it was near the JC the event was being held.

The staff was very helpful. Rooms were good size and nicely appointed. The hotel was close to the 5 freeway with a bunch of restaurants within a few miles.

Parking near the front of the hotel was a bit scarce but we did go out the two evenings we stayed at this property.

I did not care much for the food at the cafe in the lobby but they did serve Starbucks drinks. I usually see a small restaurant in Courtyards but this property had a small menu of breakfast sandwiches and lunch/dinner items. They did stay open late though.

The hotel was in a quiet area on a street right off the 5 freeway.

I had never been to Stockton before and noticed that downtown was a bit rough but this hotel is only 10 miles away from downtown and is very safe,

I am always pleased with Marriott properties and this place did not let me down.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SJU89
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed one night here while in town for my daughter's concert at UOP. Have stayed at other hotels in Stockton and really like this one. It is in a better area than those on the other side of 1-5. Only issue was due to heavy rain- sounded like a big coffee pot percolating when it was raining. When we went to leave in the morning, the downspout was on the outer wall of our room. It was fairly loud but didn't keep us from sleeping. Otherwise, a perfect experience. The lobby is really comfortable and attractive. Got a great deal using Priceline at the last minute.

Room Tip: If rain is expected, avoid room 104 since that's where the downspout is really loud. It was fac...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family