“VERY Dog Friendly”

La Quinta Inn Stockton
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I and our miniature Schnauzer dog stayed here for two nights. There was no charge for the dog which is almost unheard of. We were given a quiet ground floor corner room right next to a lawn area. There were several lawn areas on the property for dogs use with "poop bag" stations and garbage cans in several areas.There are no dog treats or blankets for dogs in the guest room so bring your own bowls and something to cover the bed if your dog sleeps on the bed. The only disappointment was the breakfast. Food is laid out in an alcove area so it gets crowded with everyone trying to get their food. No great assortment of breakfast items just two cereals, bread, juice, coffee, muffins, milk. There were several tables which was nice. No dogs in breakfast area (we put ours in the car as they shouldn't be left alone in the room). Good location with many restaurants in the area. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground level floors are best if you have a dog and ask to be near a lawn area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kkalto

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very convenient and pet friendly (no fee) hotel when traveling I-5. Friendly and helpful staff even though we arrived late night. Free breakfast with hard boiled eggs. Stayed again on the return trip home!

1  Thank brantley75
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Had previously stayed in another property in Stockton which has seriously declined and noticed La Quinta nearby and decided to give it a try as I had stayed at other La Quintas and they were consistently good. This stay was very enjoyable beginning with the warm welcome at check-in and continuing throughout my visit. The room was very clean and appealing. The bathroom was spotless and the bed very comfortable. The Old Spaghetti Factory and Carrows are close by and within easy walking distance and my meal at Carrows was excellent. All in all, a very pleasant stay and the La Quinta has now become my "go to" choice for lodging in Stockton!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great place to stay--easy access from I-5,good food close,gas & shopping very close. Good clean rooms & friendly staff-- AND --pets are welcome !! All amenities are within easy walking distance. Have stayed at several LaQuinta motels and this is right up there with the best of them.When checking out early ( before breakfast being served ) the staff went out of there way to provide us with something to eat.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigfoot-15
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Room was large, clean and quiet, exactly what we want from a hotel room. It was right off I-5. Shares a parking lot with an Old Spaghetti Factory and a Carrows restaurant, both give you a discount if you show them your La Quinta room key. So easy if you arrive late after a long drive, and really, there is no other reason to stay here. It is just a passing through hotel, and for that it was great.

Also must complement the front desk staff, both on our check in and check out they were friendly and efficient.

I will say, the elevator was old, so easier to walk up to our third floor room. And all parking spaces on our side of the hotel were taken so our car was on the other side. I was nervous about parking it were we could not see, but it was fine. They have a pool, but only in summer. Breakfast in lobby was pretty weak, I was disappointed as have stayed at other La Quintas that put on a very nice spread. Oh well, we took a look and just went and found a coffee house which was fine with us. Still I would stay here again since we slept really well and how I sleep is more important to me than a free breakfast.

Double room (two queen beds) with AARP/AAA discount was $62 plus tax. Funny thing is a room with one king bed cost more.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, so they gave me one on the back side away from the freeway. And it was wo...
1  Thank ShyBare
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I always stay at LaQuinta Inns because of the value, cleanliness, comfort and hot breakfast. This particular motel was okay. Breakfast was a continental no hot food. The bed was comfortable but the balthrooms could use some updates. Also I was bitten by what I believe to be fleas. Nothing that cant be fixed.

1  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Room was clean, just off freeway so not very quiet, crowded parking lot, eating with family so ate breakfast elsewhere ... lousy water pressure in shower and ran out of hot water after 5 minutes. Second person suffered. Told front desk, not sure if they cared... didn't take notes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family