“Wedding”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wedding”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We needed a hotel at the last minute for a wedding, we picked La Quinta because of the location. We really enjoyed our stay. I was a little worried since its dog friendly I we might have stains or smell in the carpet, but we didn't. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Novato
Reviewed July 22, 2013

so one on hand, a bit noisy (but not too bad) but also easy to find and get to from the freeway. The manager that checked us in at night; Judith; provided excellent service. There are some good meal choices close by, some provide discounts on their meals. The morning breakfast area was very clean; the food choices pretty basic; but I didn't mind that. There were quite a few grassy areas for the dogs. I would plan on staying here again for next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed her quite a lot in the last 6 weeks, the staff were excellent and so friendly, the breakfast was great and plentiful! Would I recommend this hotel and stay here again, Absolutely! The rooms are clean, there is shampoo, soap, clean linens, an ironing board and iron, and a hairdryer. Oh yes there is also a coffee pot in the room, air-conditioning, and a very nice television, oh gosh they also are happy to give you a wakeup call.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Washington State
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Getting to this hotel from I-5 required a U-turn on a busy street which did not please me since I was towing a long boat trailer. Finding parking at the facility for the long trailer was also difficult. We did find enough room out back by the busses to park the long rig. The room was decent but the bathtub bottom was dirt stained so I decided a shower instead of a bath was in order. The room was pet friendly. There are two restaurants nearby. Next time we will try the spaghetti factory instead of the other. The bed was fine and the AC worked great since it was around 100 degrees out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Right off I-5 and quite reasonable for the area. Large clean room, friendly staff, and quite nice private outdoor pool. And easy walking to nearly everything you could want (strip malls all around). Or walk about a mile west and it changes dramatically into a gorgeous upscale neighborhood (Brookside) and it's like a totally different world.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here wanting a location with a relatively easy drive back to LA. This hotel is located right off the freeway. The area felt fine -- we walked under the freeway to a restaurant. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was average. We had no complaints with the hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The rates here are pretty cheap, and there aren't a lot of high-quality hotels in Stockton. So I booked four nights. I stayed one.

First, when checking in, we found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. My sister was coming by later to drop off my nephew, and we needed to leave a key for him, and a key to my parents' house for my sister, as it was late. The two women facilitated this for us and reassured us that the keys and a message got to them. It went without a hitch.

Once in our room we were surprised that the carpet was filthy. I don't know what was spilled on it, but this room should never have been made available until the carpet was properly cleaned-- IF you care about quality, your customers, and your reputation, that is. There was also a group of men on the level below us having a party outside, and playing loud music. I called the front desk and complained about the room and the music. The clerk told me she would give us another room, and it was even an upgrade, for no higher cost. She also walked over to shut down the party.

When I walked to the office I noticed people milling about the parking lot and outside hallways. Some of them just seemed to be loitering, and it felt very unsafe. We changed rooms, but I could still hear bass, probably from the party, which moved inside. The carpet wasn't stained, but I was wary, so I never took off my socks. A little later someone started firing off firecrackers in the parking lot. I could see the flash of them exploding. That was it for me.

After a poor and worrisome night's rest, we checked out the next morning and checked into the Marriott Courtyard farther up March Lane. It was $80 more per night, but worth it. You get what you pay for. The rooms were clean, no one was wandering around the grounds, and it felt safe. Marriott cares about its reputation.

I'm not sure if I ever stayed at a La Quinta Inn before, but I'll avoid them in the future. First impressions last, and they are never the only place in town so I won't take the chance again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family