“An Owl in the Attic”

Residence Inn Stockton
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The location for this hotel is great, it was easily one of the nicest and least threatening areas of Stockton to be in. The staff was always very nice and helpful, and the property itself is well maintained.
The room upon first inspection was surprisingly nice and modern looking. Unfortunately the longer I stayed the more small problems I noticed hiding just below the surface. First the water in the kitchen would loose all pressure and start making awful noises if I tried to turn it to cold. Second, the WiFi is painfully slow. Third, the bathroom was poorly designed, the sink and the toilet were in different rooms and the door to the toilet blocked the sink when it was open. Fourth, and perhaps weirdest of all, I'm pretty sure there were owls living in the attic on my wing. I couldn't hear them in my room because I was on the second floor, but whenever I was outside I could hear something scurrying about up there hooting.
Over all though, it wasn't too bad, lots of minor annoyances combined to knock it down a point in my mind.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Jeremy K, thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Stockton! I was certainly surprised to hear about the noise disturbance and am happy to report that no owls have been found in the attic. Since your stay with us in August, we have also upgraded our internet bandwidth substantially, I am sorry to hear that it was below par during your visit. I also hope that you reported the water pressure concern so we could take a look into that further. While the bathroom design was configured so multiple people could get ready for the day without steaming up the mirrors, I can understand how the door may get in the way slightly. We will also be undergoing a renovation to update our rooms later this year. We hope that when your travels bring you back through Stockton, you will remember the wonderful service you recieved!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Stockton

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Residence Inn three times, with a stay lasting from a week to 2 weeks. The last time I stayed I moved my hotel to Tracy because that is where I was working from. There was some construction going on that was making the drive too long. So I moved to Tracy - big mistake. I should have stayed at the Residence Inn. As one reviewer put it - solid across the board. The rooms are larger than a hotel, which I like. I need some space to move around since I am there for a while. Kitchenette is great. The rooms also have a dishwasher. Beds are very comfortable. Internet speeds are so - so. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is way better than continental. And they also serve free dinner Monday - Thursday, which is really nice. The area is quiet, but there's not a lot of shopping nearby. Although I didn't utilize it, they do have a nice workout room.

The next time I am in the area I will be making a bee-line for the Residence Inn in Stockton. You should too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Katie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

What amazing feedback about our hotel and staff, thank you so much for taking the time to review us C000159! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and spacious accomodations, as well as our great staff. We absolutely look forward to your next "bee-line" into our hotel, we will welcome you with open arms and smiles!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was in a quiet location and a nice part of Stockton. It was near the University of the Pacific at Stockton for the Pacific Music Camp. This was a nice Residence Inn and everyone is nice. The staff is very attentive.

The one bedroom suite that we booked was rather large. I was kind of shocked.

There was a full kitchen. However, no oven. I believe that it is in a two-bedroom suite.

The sink area where you can wash your hands were rather large.

The door opens towards the mirror/closet doors. So, be careful on how to open it. Lots of storage space.

I took away the extra dot which would have given them an "EXCELLENT" standing.

However, I was very disappointed with how the management handled a complaint that I had with a man who decided to go swimming in his "tightie whities" underwear when there were women and children present in the pool. They took over 30 minutes to figure out who was going out there to handle the situation. I should have called the police.

Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Afgam, we appreciate your review of the Residence Inn. We always look forward to hearing ways to improve as well as sharing the positive statements with our staff. I will be reviewing your experience at the pool with my counterparts so that they are better equipped to handle situations and ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner. I am also glad that our accommodations and location were perfect for you trip to the University of the Pacific. We hope that the next time you are in Stockton, CA that you will visit us again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Located in quiet area but just three to five minutes from casual and fast food options, and the freeway. Friendly or at least efficient staff (most were friendly). Clean rooms. I say "rooms" because we had to switch due to an a/c problem. Studio was in many ways better than one bedroom for us (dad and two boys), open and roomier-feeling. Full hotel but no noise from halls or other rooms. We were on top floor. Breakfast was par for the RI course. Eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. Only one waffle machine, and a temperamental one at that, but the employee (overworked - he was doing everything) cajoled it and made a waffle for my boys. Super nice. Laundry machines were good-sized, and the laundry rooms have good a/c, which means a lot when you are sorting and folding. Pool looked nice. A/c in room two was very effective. Rates were fair. Would stay here again. Rollaway was a real mattress, not a foldable mattress. Nice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was driving to Seattle from So. Cali and needed to get a good night’s rest after a late start and 7 hours of driving... Not knowing where I would stay on my drive, I pulled off in Stockton CA. My husband was calling around from home for a room for me as I was traveling alone; I was checking the hotels out.in the town and I must say I was not feeling safe in the town and told my husband I was moving on. He wanted me to get off the road and get some rest so he found the Marriott Residence Inn Stockton. It seemed high for the area, but not the hotel—the hotel was very nice. Upon arrival, the receptionist was welcoming a difficult guest in. He was complaining about the cost, complaining about the extra charge for his dog. He was not a happy camper. I was impressed by how she handled the situation [and she was new!!!]. She was quite patient, didn't rush him to be able to get to me and check me in, but let him get out what he needed to. She was very kind to me as well. Even though the only room available was a 2 bedroom suite, she gave the room to me with a discounted rate. The room was comfortable, clean. The only negative was the generator that was outside rumpled loudly during the night and even my ear plugs couldn’t drown the noise out... I solved this issue and moved to the other bedroom...peace and quiet. The breakfast was laid out nice and there was a wonderful variety of meat, breads, eggs, fruits, juices, cereals, and yogurt. I think everyone would be happy. It had a nice workout room as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the generator if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stay here every time we are in town visiting family. The 2 bedroom units are roomy, but the constancy of things working in the rooms is hit or miss. I had asked for a roll away bed when I checked in and they said they would see about getting one and let me know via cell phone. I returned very late at night after a wedding and there was no roll away. I called down to ask about it and was told there was no way to get one brought up at that time. It was not even midnight.
The free breakfast is nice, but can get very crowded and difficult.
The service at the hotel is average at best.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Residence Inn on March Lane in Stockton, CA., is very convenient from the freeway and located on a beautiful tree lined street. You feel like you're in a residential area. The grounds were lush and nice. The check-in/out was efficient. The room was very clean and updated. The food in the a.m. was extensive in selection and tasted good. The front staff and breakfast staff were very polite and helpful. This is a good place to stay, very quiet. No road noise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple