WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Moraga, California
“Solid across the board”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Located in quiet area but just three to five minutes from casual and fast food options, and the freeway. Friendly or at least efficient staff (most were friendly). Clean rooms. I say "rooms" because we had to switch due to an a/c problem. Studio was in many ways better than one bedroom for us (dad and two boys), open and roomier-feeling. Full hotel but no noise from halls or other rooms. We were on top floor. Breakfast was par for the RI course. Eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. Only one waffle machine, and a temperamental one at that, but the employee (overworked - he was doing everything) cajoled it and made a waffle for my boys. Super nice. Laundry machines were good-sized, and the laundry rooms have good a/c, which means a lot when you are sorting and folding. Pool looked nice. A/c in room two was very effective. Rates were fair. Would stay here again. Rollaway was a real mattress, not a foldable mattress. Nice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was driving to Seattle from So. Cali and needed to get a good night’s rest after a late start and 7 hours of driving... Not knowing where I would stay on my drive, I pulled off in Stockton CA. My husband was calling around from home for a room for me as I was traveling alone; I was checking the hotels out.in the town and I must say I was not feeling safe in the town and told my husband I was moving on. He wanted me to get off the road and get some rest so he found the Marriott Residence Inn Stockton. It seemed high for the area, but not the hotel—the hotel was very nice. Upon arrival, the receptionist was welcoming a difficult guest in. He was complaining about the cost, complaining about the extra charge for his dog. He was not a happy camper. I was impressed by how she handled the situation [and she was new!!!]. She was quite patient, didn't rush him to be able to get to me and check me in, but let him get out what he needed to. She was very kind to me as well. Even though the only room available was a 2 bedroom suite, she gave the room to me with a discounted rate. The room was comfortable, clean. The only negative was the generator that was outside rumpled loudly during the night and even my ear plugs couldn’t drown the noise out... I solved this issue and moved to the other bedroom...peace and quiet. The breakfast was laid out nice and there was a wonderful variety of meat, breads, eggs, fruits, juices, cereals, and yogurt. I think everyone would be happy. It had a nice workout room as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the generator if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clinton, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stay here every time we are in town visiting family. The 2 bedroom units are roomy, but the constancy of things working in the rooms is hit or miss. I had asked for a roll away bed when I checked in and they said they would see about getting one and let me know via cell phone. I returned very late at night after a wedding and there was no roll away. I called down to ask about it and was told there was no way to get one brought up at that time. It was not even midnight.
The free breakfast is nice, but can get very crowded and difficult.
The service at the hotel is average at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Residence Inn on March Lane in Stockton, CA., is very convenient from the freeway and located on a beautiful tree lined street. You feel like you're in a residential area. The grounds were lush and nice. The check-in/out was efficient. The room was very clean and updated. The food in the a.m. was extensive in selection and tasted good. The front staff and breakfast staff were very polite and helpful. This is a good place to stay, very quiet. No road noise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stockton has some real dives for hotels but this Residence Inn is well worth the money!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

After driving for 10 hours and not wanting to stop in Sacramento, we found this hotel online, called and booked a room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which is a bit pricey if you are on a budget, but after 10 hours on the road we just wanted space to spread out. Our boys both got their own beds. The free breakfast was a nice start to the morning before hitting the road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RrosesWA
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

First time my wife and I were staying at a Residence Inn. We had a 1bd suite, which included a full size kitchen, living area with desk, TV, table and convertible sofa, and another TV in the bedroom (queen sized bed). We did not feel at all in a hotel, but more like at a home. Staff was very friendly. Room was spotless. Good complimentary continental breakfast. Wifi connection worked well in the room. The hotel is set back on March avenue in a very quiet area 2 minutes from the freeway exit; only noise came form the residents in the room above us which had a "heavy" step. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi, as welll as a basket ball court.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple