See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2017

@robdubluu truly captured both the spirit and letter of this place. I will second everything he said, and will only add that I made the acquaintance of a baby cockroach after switching on the bathroom light at 3 AM. The next morning, the manager (who looked like she had just dragged herself in from an all-night party) was fairly nonplussed about the whole thing. At least provide a complimentary can of Raid! I've stayed at other Quality Inns around California and always had a good to great experience, so Stockton might be the outlier.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Stayed 2 nights and was glad I had to meetings that kept me away from the motel.

I was greeted by a very friendly & helpful young lady at the front desk upon arrival. Check in was easy. Bed was comfortable and sheets were fresh and clean.

Carpet was dirty & stained, TV didn't work properly, no room service, fan in bathroom failed. Wasn't worth the price. Won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

I know there are two sides to a story but let me tell you what happened to me. I went there two weeks ago and asked the fax and they charge me to fax. But tonight's ago I was scheduled to stay there and I called them to ask what type of identification I needed because I was using my Choice points and I couldn't find my drivers license. They said I needed a drivers license and a credit card and that they were going to take $100 from me not authorize.
So I replied you mean you're going to authorize $100 because the rooms already paid for. She replied no I'm going to take $100 because we are non-smoking hotel. So I called the manager the next day and the manager was exactly the same except could care less about my opinion. And that's my opinion of her eventually I will write the owner of this place and tell him how I was treated starting with the staff member and then the manager and then he could deal with them I will also call choice rewards at choice hotels and tell them how disgusted I was by this place it's not very good looking to start with then to be treated this way oh hell no I never visit there and if I was you and look for another hotel. Again that's my opinion

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Clean room & decent bed comfort. Pillows are way small(bring your own), A/C worked well No refrigerator. Stand outside at night to sign in for ur room after 9pm. Fast food near by. Donut shop close by.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Another reviewer summed this place up as "Gross". It says it all.

I stayed 1 night, July 18, 2017 and I could not get out of there quick enough. But let me start with the positives.

The good:
It's very handy to lots of restaurants and shopping. Walking distance. So location is fine. It's back from the main road so it is relatively quiet**.

The not so good ( the bloody awful ):
Reception didn't even look at me when I checked in, too consumed in her own world, so unfriendly. When a guest is checking in sweetheart, get off your cell-phone and deal with the guest.

I entered the room and was horrified.

The TV was the old style box tv with limited channels.

All the electrical plugs were loose and hanging from the walls, I was too afraid to plug in my electrical's because of the possible danger.

The carpet had bad stains all over it.

There was a hairdryer bolted onto the coffee maker and attached to the sink. ( Although the hair-dryer was so old, not sure who would be so desperate as to want to steal it LOL! ) Who in their right mind attaches a hair dryer to a coffee make over a sink with water everywhere. So DANGEROUS.

The bathroom was normal small size for this type of hotel, with a shower head over the bath. Water pressure was OK, but the bathtub filled up with water as the drain was blocked, probably from all the hairs caught in the drain! Disgusting.

The bed was so old, the mattress had sunken in the middle. I tried checking for bed-bugs but on lifting the old, thin sheets, they have cleverly installed mattresses that are dark blue so you cannot see the usual tell-tale signs of dried red blood around the rim of the mattress where the bed bugs like to congregate. ( But there was no bites or evidence of bed bugs )

The linen, including bathroom towels were so old and thin.

I did not have a refrigerator in my room.

I had a dirty old green single lounge chair in my room, whoopee! but the rear leg had been broken so you couldn't sit in it anyway and the springs underneath had all collapsed. It was also quite dangerous. Time to throw it out guys! It's had it's day.

The a-c worked well but was very noisy. **And when I did turn it off in the middle of the night the humming noise emanating from the other a-c's in the other rooms was nauseating.

For breakfast you will have Cheerios, bread, those awful chemical tasting jelly satchels, juice and weak coffee. And I mean silly weak.

This is also a residents hotel and there were many suspicious looking characters hanging around. I went out to get a Subway around the corner and took all my valuables with me. No point taking a risk by leaving them in my room.

The security guard they have on at night was armed with a gun and a baton. When I first saw him I thought he was a cop with the weaponry he had on him. So I am suggesting this is a tell-tale sign of the the type of people who hang around this area.

The whole place is beautifully encapsulated by a fellow reviewer in that single word: Gross.

Summary:
The price paid was way too high for this type of dump. It is not much better than a 1 Star and if I were Choice Hotels, I would have inspectors out there right away. ( Look at the other reviews guys! )

It is not only doing damage to the Quality Inn brand, but to Choice Hotels as well. Choice are my third tier brand and I stay when they have promo's on, like the one they have now. But his place gives me no reason to switch them up to my second tier whatsoever. If anything, I might remove them altogether. I live in hotels 365 days a year.

The only consolation for me with this stay is it will end up costing me only $20 or so when I get the $50 back from Choice for their current promo. And $20 is probably the true-value one should pay.

Would I stay again: Never
Would I recommend: Not in a heartbeat, bloody terrible. Gross.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family