“AN OKAY MOTEL” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Stockton, California
“AN OKAY MOTEL”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting family for Christmas. The location is very convenient with easy off and on access to the I-5 Freeway. The room was small, but clean. The décor could use an upgrade as could the old style TV with a really bad picture quality. The reception staff that we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. A continental breakfast is included. We did not hear any freeway noise. To sum up - you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Inside courtyard!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Baldur13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tigard, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

PATRONS BEWARE !!
I stay at this property because I travel on an expense account and I search for economical
motels. I will NOT stay there again. In past stays, I observed broken glass in the parking lot. On this occasion, I was driving to the parking lot adjacent to my room when I noticed "TWO" parking spaces with ,what appeared to be shattered vehicle window fragments. Seeing this, I returned to the office. When asked if recent car break ins have been reported, the receptionist stated
there were car "break ins", but they were not "recent". She said if I was uncomfortable, I should park my car "up front" next to the office. I took her advise and parked in front. When I entered the office the next morning, an upset patron was asking for a police report because he needed it to report his "vehicle break in" to his insurance company. It is solely "my opinion", but I believe this is not a safe location for person or property. I WILL NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL AGAIN.

Room Tip: Do NOT park in the North parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dane P
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This was a lot more than I expected for the price! Great location, just off the exit ramp, close to all necessary facilities and quiet. Staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. This part of Stockton was surprisingly new and modern! I will probably be staying here on my return trip!

• Stayed November 2013
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a motel, not a hotel like some other Quality Inns I've stayed at. Expectations and pricing go hand in hand and even if it's a little noisy and the rooms are small, it is also inexpensive and includes a complimentary breakfast.

We were visiting family, so we didn't spent much time in the room. That's probably a good thing because the bed wasn't comfortable, but everything was clean and in working order. Loved the shower spray and was happy to see a blow dryer and coffeemaker when we arrived. There's an In-n-Out, Jamba Juice, Krispy Kreme, Subway, Starbucks and other eateries within an easy walk of the motel.

Stockton isn't a tourist town, so chances are if you come to stay at this motel, it's because you're visiting someone, checking out University of the Pacific or just passing through. It's possible too you're here on business. In any event, we were warned to be careful at night because crime has climbed since the city fell on hard financial times. I saw only great things while visiting - friendly people, some beautiful neighborhoods, gorgeous campus and lots and lots of restaurants and retail centers. Speaking of which, we had a very bad experience at Papapavlos, a popular Greek restaurant in Lincoln Center. Don't go there unless you want awful service and overpriced food. Instead, drive up the road to Macaroni Grill. The staff is always wonderful and food is always good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S0CalTraveler
Weaverville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's been a long time since I've encountered lodging as crummy as this NON- Quality Inn is! From check in with the "air head" clerk at the desk to the filthy conditions of the room, nothing about this property is even close to acceptable. Had stayed here several times in the past and, while not exceptional, it was at least clean and reasonably comfortable. Now, however, the place is a disaster. The room was a pig sty! Filthy carpet, sinks and bathroom very dirty, bedding tired and suspect. Had checked in very late and tired after a long drive, so did not really notice the appalling conditions until next morning, but what a "wake up" call. I can't believe the corporate office of Quality Inns would allow this dump to carry their name. They should post a "quarantined" sign at the front door.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go ANYWHERE but here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

It took an exceptionally long time to check in. The room was about like a motel 6, old tv, old beadspread dirty carpet. Yikes, don't these chains check these places? I won't be back. Good food and drink choices nearby at least.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

As the title states, the young lady at the front desk, Reba, was great.
The front desk/breakfast area smelled like rotted milk.
We got our room & there were stains on the matress, pubic hairs on the bathroom counter.
We went back to Reba at the front desk & she gave us a second room. That room had hair & food particals on the sheets. Being exhausted from 10 hours of driving we called Reba & told her if she would give us fresh sheets we would stay. We went to the office & Reba stated she had called the manager & explained what was happening & that she needed the manager to come down to help so Reba could take care of the sheets. The manager told her she would be down in an hour. An hour to wait for sheets. Unaceptable! So we left. Reba however, handled the situation with courtesy & understanding. Reba needs to be the manager.

• Stayed May 2013