“Good food - New Orleans style on the West Coast”
Review of French 25 - CLOSED

French 25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Really good food! Highly recommend the raw oysters. Excellent! The seafood is fresh and the sauces are flavorful. An excellent place for lunch or dinner

1  Thank Joy L
There are newer reviews for French 25

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I came here today with local clients and thought it was excellent. One of the guys had been there several times and suggested a number of entrees, but he and I ended up with the halibut special with risotto. It was delicious. I also noticed that the cherry tomatoes actually had taste. Great attention to detail on an ingredient that is often an afterthought. The food at nearby tables looked great too and there was a frozen pie-like dessert that I would get if ever there in the evening.
Our waiter was very nice and attentive and the room itself was attractive and all new. Cost wasn't bad either.
I've travelled to Stockton several times and this is hands-down the best meal I've had there.
We walked a few blocks to get there, but I'm sure there is nearby parking.
One word of caution, downtown Stockton does feel a bit seedy. I would recommend parking close by, particularly in the evening. I would also suggest that women be accompanied in the evening.
Visit them and have a good time.

1  Thank HeathCalabasas_CA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Awesome new restaurant in downtown Stockton. After reading good reviews on this establishment my inner child was eager to go there and try it out. I love checking out new places and seeing what they have to offer. This place stepped up. I ordered the chicken sandwich as did my daughter. We shared the fries and salad ordered with the delicious meal. What a delight to bite into the plump chicken sandwich to find it so moist and flavorful -it was excellent. To top our meal off we indulged in dessert , beignet covered in powdered sugar with dipping sauce. Everything was freshly prepared and fabulous.
The upstairs area had breath taking views and offers events. Be sure to check out their face book for times and dates. Its awesome.
Two thumbs up for this great little establishment .Bon Appetit

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had dinner at French25 last night before the Seinfeld concert and were pleasantly surprised. The drink menu is great. Fun drinks with detailed little stories about each one. My husband ordered something that was " his own creation" and the bar tender made it perfectly. I would suggest reservations, especially before an event at the Bob Hope theater. We were seating with plenty of time to spare but the restaurant was packed when we left. The food was amazing!! We will definitely be back. Our only criticisms were the heat inside and the menu changes. We wondered if it was so hot because we seated close to the open area kitchen. People at tables nearby were fanning themselves with coasters. The problem with the menu was that they have made changes to it since opening last spring but haven't printed new menus so our poor waiter was constantly having to say, "we don't serve that with ____ anymore" or "I'm sorry but that no longer comes with _____". Almost everything we ordered had some change to it. That was frustrating. So next time we will hope that the air conditioner is working better and that the menu is updated. But there will be a next time because our overall experience was positive. Should also add that we felt their prices were right on the mark. It's nice when you can get a great meal with drinks and not break the bank!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Blah, no flavor , rip off, overpriced. Not even close to Cajun, it is an insult to my heritage for this place to call this Cajun food! Do not bother!!

4  Thank Megan1083