“Excellent food”

French 25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had dinner at French25 last night before the Seinfeld concert and were pleasantly surprised. The drink menu is great. Fun drinks with detailed little stories about each one. My husband ordered something that was " his own creation" and the bar tender made it perfectly. I would suggest reservations, especially before an event at the Bob Hope theater. We were seating with plenty of time to spare but the restaurant was packed when we left. The food was amazing!! We will definitely be back. Our only criticisms were the heat inside and the menu changes. We wondered if it was so hot because we seated close to the open area kitchen. People at tables nearby were fanning themselves with coasters. The problem with the menu was that they have made changes to it since opening last spring but haven't printed new menus so our poor waiter was constantly having to say, "we don't serve that with ____ anymore" or "I'm sorry but that no longer comes with _____". Almost everything we ordered had some change to it. That was frustrating. So next time we will hope that the air conditioner is working better and that the menu is updated. But there will be a next time because our overall experience was positive. Should also add that we felt their prices were right on the mark. It's nice when you can get a great meal with drinks and not break the bank!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Blah, no flavor , rip off, overpriced. Not even close to Cajun, it is an insult to my heritage for this place to call this Cajun food! Do not bother!!

4  Thank Megan1083
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The three course deal was perfect for two. The appetizer came out after I had finished eating my entree, but all 4 items were delicious. I highly recommend the Zombie cocktail.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stockton, CA has a few things in common with New Orleans, LA: delta city, seaport city, colorful history. We love the location of French 25, near the Downtown Cinema and waterfront. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming (one of our party is really annoyed by servers who constantly ask "Are WE done? Have WE decided?..." and ours did it more than any we've ever had, so that was hard. BUT she was attentive! The first thing I noticed is how most things on the menu involve creamy sauces and sausages (along with shrimp and prawns). Next time, I may try an entree salad...although every salad dressing choice is a creamy choice (except for plain oil and balsamic vinegar). We tried a lot of different things...everything was fresh and good, but not "out of the park" good. More like a solid double or triple. 'Very nice decor and seating. Definitely worth a try. I hope this restaurant in this spot makes it! I'm sure they will get better and better!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very nice Restaurant. Location and view of the Delta is very nice.. Decor is very upscale and continues to update to the New Orleans flavor. Owners are doing it right. Anxious to get a sign out to advertise as they have not had a grand opening yet. The Chef's and owners have been to New Orleans to learn how to cook the Creole/ Cajun way, seasoning etc. I had shrimp and cheese grits and also bought some ribs to go. Both were good. Need to continue to work on seasoning. learn to make your own roux for your gumbo. Chicken and sausage gumbo is good but again seasoning and the roux need improvement.they are getting there. Be upstairs for the 4th of July will be food served and watch the fireworks.I like this place. Ce' Bon mes ami's!! Dougie Fresh!!