“Rip off”

Red Roof Inn Stockton
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Terrible place. Got a room went to and it looked at it and decided not to stay there. The worst part was they refused to refund me for the room and then later charged me for two nights. Had to dispute charges to my credit card company because the manager was so rude. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jbltzkrg74
redroofstockton, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Red Roof Inn during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience regarding the charge issue.

We have attended all the rooms and amenities and also the hotel staff has been given training to ensure that this does not happen again.

Systems have been put in place to ensure a nice stay to all our guests.

We hope that you will surely make a note of this and choose us once again to stay and have a new experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Luis made the hotel reservations pleasent in the middle of the night. I stopped at the river hotel with my motorhome. I was looking for a room to take a good shower, with clean towels, soap, shampoo, lotion, and clean sheets. i wanted a room quiet with a view of the river in the morning. I asked Luis if he could book a quiet room that included breakfast in the morning.
I wanted to get a good night sleep after taking a bath and washing my hair.

Luis said after breakfast you can enjoy a refreshing swim before leaving in your motorhome. The check out time is still 11:00 am.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the delta river on the south side second floor hotel guest can enjoy the sunrise in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently decided to check around for different hotels in stockton. We have stayed at other hotels in the stockton area over the last few years, as we truck to this area twice a week. We were pleasantly surprised with the Red Roof Inn, and a very nice staff as well. From Luis, the day manager, to the day clerk, who I believe is Mrs. Patel, to the lady at night, all very accomadating. We especially like the microwave and fridg in the room. And all for a very fair price. Thank You, and hoping you continual good business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have never seen a hotel room as bad as this one. It was so filthy I don't know where to begin to describe it. If I had known of another place to go I would have and gladly forfited my$60.00!
I felt as if I needed to be disenfected after leaving, noise for other guest was horrible, Interstate 5 was a stones through form room, It was an absolute nightmare!

Room Tip: I can't recommend any room at this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sally C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the stay at Red Roof Inn and writing the review with observations.

We apologize for whatever may have happened howsoever.

Please note that we have investigated the unfortunate trouble you had, but have taken remedial steps to see that it never happens again to any of our guests.

We have done a thorough check up of the rooms and taken steps for maintaining the best cleanliness in the rooms and premises.

Once again we are sorry for the same and please do rethink and visit us.

We will see that you get a nice experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

i stay there for my brother graduation and when i check in to the room it was so dirty and smile like smoke. and i requested for non- smoking. and to many strangers hanging out there its not safe place to stay. and front desk staff talk so rudely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank roshnik_12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn for your last visit to our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

Hotel upkeep staffs have ensured that all amenities are perfect and functional.

The security system has been enhanced and special actions have been taken to check the bed linen and cleanliness. Front desk staff have been given special training.

We invite you once again check with us and see the difference.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place is terrible. I honestly wish that this place would be condemned. I asked for a 1 bed non smoking. I got a 2 bed that reaked of smoke, had crusted food on the blanket, semen and dirt stains on the sheets, grime all over the bathtub, fithy counters, a sticky remote for the tv that was discustingly dirty, the "green" chairs were black from the filth, and to top it all off the guide on the phone was so old you couldnt see the number for the front desk. So on my way down i get confronted by a man the smelled like alcohol and marijuana who asks to use my phone. He talked on the phone for 10 minutes at about 11 at night asking his friends to meet him at the red roof inn so they could get high together. Finally when i get to the desk to ask for another room her goes up there to see if I did anything to that pathetic excuse for a room. The other room was berable, if you dont mind random people knocking on your door at 3am and not repling when you ask who it is. I hate this hotel and the people who run it. I wish i could take that 50 dollars they stole from me but i cant. Please dont make the mistake i did going there, any other persons review about this is a lie! Lets boycott red roof and maybe we can have a world without that DUMP!!! P.S the 29.99 a night "special" they have on that big sign is a damn lie.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucas S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and putting forth your straight observations.

We have attended all your points suggested for improvement and also overall amenities.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us and see the change.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed there for one night. Not a place for a family. The room wasn't so bad. But we saw some strange people, which I believe are permanent residents there lol. I didn't feel secure there and was very happy when we woke up and left that place. We definitely would not stay again in this hotel which is more like a motel.

we saw a special on the building $29.99 if you check in after 10 p.m, so I guess if you need a place to sleep in just drive by and check it out.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OliviaPDX

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Red Roof Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience and have made additional security systems to provide full safety to our guests.

All hotel staff has been given training to ensure that such a thing does never happens again.

Cleanliness and amenities have been improved to match the best standards.

Please consider staying us with again.