“Great restaurant in a small setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mezzo

Mezzo
Ranked #40 of 505 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fantastic authentic Italian cuisine featuring fresh pasta and seafood dishes and a stunning bar
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Great restaurant in a small setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Fantastic food and wine tucked away in a nice neighborhood. Our server was very nice and helpful. The menu had a lot of good choices on it, but I went with the risotto which was excellent. We had a red blend for the wine which was very good and not too pricey. The restaurant had a nice ambiance and was comfortable and not too loud for a conversation. We had a wonderful time here and would definitely return if in the area. One of the best restaurants we found in Stockton.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AeroHokie92

Stockton, CA
“Dinning experience in Stockton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here before and had good food but last night was a dinning experience that was excellent. We were with friends that had never been before and everyone just kept remarking how great the food was during the entire meal. We started with Pizzetta, corto olive oil, basil, house made mozzarella, parmesan which everyone loved. Then Spicy Calabrian Sausage, roasted with peperonata and garlic. Another hit with everyone but too hot for me and Eggs In Hell spicy sausage ragu, red onion, calabrian chili, mozzarella, farm eggs, broiled. This was also fantastic, spicy but not too hot. Two had the Linguine with assorted seafood, fennel, onion, garlic, chili in a spicy tomato broth. Our one friend had the orecchiette pasta in a wonderful Bolognese sauce. I had one of the specials which was halibut piccatta style served over spaghetti. We spent 3 hours dining and enjoying every morsel on our plates. They have a very respectable wine selection by the glass. Another advantage is the pasta dishes are offered in full or half plates. Of course after dinner we all shared a mixed berry crisp that was delectable and it took all 4 of us to eat it. I can't say enough about the food or the experience last night. It was just one of those memorable meals we'll never forget in our hometown of Stockton.

• Visited July 2013
STOCKTON
“Family Friday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We really had a nice family style tapas meal here. My only issue was alot of the items were fried, but the flavors were great and service was attentive.

Visited December 2011
Reno, Nevada
“Fun for foodies in Stockton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's tough to find a good restaurant in Stockton. We have gone here four or five times and the food is always tasty. Last time my husband and our friend had the scallops, my husband loved them. I had a owl of the potato soup and a wedge salad, both very tasty. My friend ordered the pork cops, a little overdone.
They have some creative cocktails and an ok wine list. Give it a try! The only issue we have is it is small and you are very close to others. Not a place for a private romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2012
Northern California
“More than a local neighborhood eatery.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

It has been years since I tried Mezzo restaurant located in the very area I live in. I was pleased to see that they had changed the interior and added a bar. The overall look inside was very classy like what I would expect in San Francisco. What didn't care for was the distracting view of the kitchen from the main dining area. Seems to me a swing open door could hide the culinary operation better.

Food wise the menu, while not extensive, offered enough of a selection for a neighborhood restaurant. It was priced fairly competitively for Stockton without causing me to frown.

I had a nice fish dinner, my wife a veal dish and my son a perfectly cooked New York with very tasty fries accented with truffles he said. I enjoyed my fish over rice but I should have ordered a salad or a side of veggies because I was still a bit hungry after I finished. The presentation for each dish was very good we all thought.

Service was okay. The young servers went through the motions but they were lacking that polish that more seasoned servers that I would encounter at the well respected Le Bistro Restaurant for example.

I really liked my dessert of mango sorbet. It was a generous scoop with intense flavor in every bite.

1 Thank charmking