“GOOD FOOD - LARGE PORTIONS”
Review of PAPAPAVLOS

Ranked #213 of 542 Restaurants in Stockton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The food and chance to dine outside on an unseasonably pleasant night added up to a nice experience at Papapavlos. The size of the portions is amazing. I ordered lamb chops – the plate arrived with four generous sized chops and a nice array of fresh vegetables and rice. The other people in our party had the same experience with the fish dishes they ordered. The Greek style salad that comes with the entrees was also on the large size – only nit is that I wish the dressing was a bit tangier. Good value – friendly efficient service.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We really like the ambience of Papapavlos, particularly out front (not so much in back, though it is quieter for groups). The menu is diverse and the food is quite fresh. The breads, hummus and vegetables are memorable. An enjoyable place to dine with friends.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is the best restaurant in town. The service and food are excellent. Order the "Flaming cheese" - it is delicious and an exciting beginning to your meal. My favorite for lunch is gyro salad and for dinner is spanokopita. My husband loves the steak and the pasta. My sone loves the lamb. My daughter loves the pasta. Grilled vegetables are delicious. Save room for dessert. Perfect place for special ocassions.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The food is ok but not all that. Portions are small and pricey and they don't offer enough healthy and vegetarian items. Even though the restaurant is clean and pleasant, the service can be stuck up and the clientele is a bit too arrogant and bourgeois for me.

2  Thank kruemmelchen
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I went for a dinner with some colleagues based on some recommendations from locals. I found the restaurant to have a great atmosphere and was quite busy for a Wednesday evening. That said, the disappointment started once our entrees arrived. I ordered the Papapavlos Combination and found it to be rather bland. My colleague ordered the Gyros plate which had a measly four strips of meat - somewhat overpriced given the plate's $19 pricetag. For the prices that they charge for entrees, I expected something a bit better. Certainly better values in the Lincoln Village area.

1  Thank VikingFromTX