“Good food.. worth your money”
Review of China Palace

China Palace
Ranked #128 of 542 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is an excellent, popular, and reasonably priced Chinese restaurant in Stockton. It is easily worthy of inclusion on Tripadvisor.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place is always packed. We've come here several times and love their China Palace fried rice. Believe it or not you can mess up fried rice but here it is consistently good. Our waiters have always been nice and attentive. The portions are pretty big and the food is always tasty.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Our wedding rehearsal group showed up without a reservation around 8pm. There were 20 of us. The waiter was a little stunned however quickly arranged seating. We had planned to wait patiently and very surprised when our drinks and food were served within a very short time. As always tasty fresh hot food along with happy staff. The interior is pleasing to the eye.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It closes fairly early 8:30 to 9:00 pm and we arrived late ie 8:00. It was not a problem , the waiter was friendly and helpful. I was hungry and ordered a medium size hot and sour soup. The waiter respectfully suggested small was enough for one person, he was certainly right. A small bowl was more than enough for 2 people and it was excellent. We ordered a dish each plus rice. We subsequently cancelled the rice. The food was excellent and more than enough. We were the only patrons at that time so service was excellent as staff were anxious to go home. We highly recommend this restaurant and hopefully when you're there it's not too busy.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently I planned a dinner for a group of 50 to 60 people at China Palace and I vowed they would not be my first choice for a large group dinner again. I would guess if you spoke Chinese it could be a little easier. I found talking with the owner and the staff, when the owner was not there, was very challenging. What I understood when talking with the owner initially didn’t seem to have been communicated to the staff. So when I went to finalize the details and the owner was not there, the staff and I were not on the same page. Plus their flexibility, I found was lacking a bit. “No you cannot pay with a check”, “You can pay with a credit card but we will charge you 3%”, “Cash or Cashier Check is best”. Then we had this conversation… Them: If you make a substitution you have to charge you $5.00 per table for each substitution. Me: Really aren’t vegetable cheaper than shrimp. Them: No. Me: Really? And this conversation… with 6 tables you can have the room for the amount of time you need. If you have less your time may be shortened. If we have only 5 tables, are you going to kick my guests out! Really? The food was delicious and wait staff helpful so I am not rating them poorly for the food or service, just the frustrations of making the arrangements.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Title says it all basically. It is a shame that service is so lacking as food is usually really good. Would recommend you not go between 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm however as, if lunch business was slow, food quality suffers. Take out available and sometimes the best way to go.