Motel 6
Residence Inn Stockton(Stockton)
$170
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed in 82 separate Choice Hotel Group properties so far in 2013. This one ranks as 82. My rule is if I would walk barefooted on the floor I am halfway happy. When they installed the carpet they simply carpeted over whatever was on the floor, concrete globs, or drywall mud or possibly a rock. Walking you might get a stone bruise from whatever was under the carpet. The shower curtain was to short and kept allowing water onto the floor, hence the smell of mildew even after the over powering smell of chlorine. No bath mats, no wash cloths in shower area. Okay enough: Time to go to bed, the pillows were 12" inch square, the mattress felt as if purchased from dumpster outside of Motel 6. The A/C had a ranch of at least 15 degrees, set on 74 it would begin cooling and cool down to 66 then cut off and not come back on until 81. So cool then hot, cool then hot, now I have a cold. There is a Quality Inn across the freeway don't know what shape it is in but anything would rate about this absolute disgrace to the Comfort Inn brand.

Room Tip: Call Quality Inn across the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
econolodgestocktonca, Webmaster at Motel 6, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your interesting comments. I apologize if we failed to satisfy you in any way. Please understand that hundreds of people are satisfied every month with what we provide. Still, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements to the hotel since your stay, and we hope you’ll stay with us again to see how we’re better than ever before.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

For one asked for a King or Queen, we were given a double bed. Sheets to small for bed so the fitted sheet kept falling off. Pillows were ridiculously small and hard. The carpet filthy whole place dirty. In the bathroom there was dirty a wash cloth and towel hanging on shower rod.
We were very tired after a 11 hour drive so dealt with it.
This was the worst room I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Noisy in front of pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyndie S

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad you didn’t encounter any issues severe enough to cause you to leave. I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process and are now better than during your stay. I hope you’ll try us again and see how we’re changing for the better.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here after a long day of driving and was greeted by a very helpful and friendly front desk receptionist. After filling out the paperwork we went to the room and immediately noticed that the pillows were the size of throw pillows you might have o. The couch at home. This wouldn't have been so bad but they also felt as if they had half the stuffing removed. As it was a king bed it looked a bit ridiculous. We were both very tired and did not feel like losing out on any more sleep complaining about something that was unlikely to be remedied anyway. The bed was very hard as well and we both had a restless night and awoke the next morning with aching backs. We stayed in room 108. Hopefully not all the other rooms are like this. Other than the bed it seemed to be a good hotel. Well I guess the whole reason we were there WAS for a bed.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank edseed

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that our bedding didn’t satisfy you when so many others have been completely satisfied. You’ll be pleased to know, however, that we’re involved in a continuous improvement process and have made many changes at this hotel in Stockton, CA since your stay. I hope you’ll try us again to see that we’re now better than ever before.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Booked this hotel as we were traveling. Didn't have plans to stay in this area but were too tired to move on. It seemed to have decent enough reviews and we liked the fact it was right off the freeway. It is decent enough for one nights stay. There were things I disliked, like the outside light coming through the bottom of the door and the bright lights coming in around the side and bottom of curtains. Although being so tired we didn't notice it much. My biggest complaint would be the pillows. We had a king bed but were only given three pillows and they were the size of pillows you would put on your couch. Liked that Dennys was right next door. They had complimentary breakfast but we didn't make it in time to try it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a pleasant stay. I apologize, however, that our pillows didn’t meet your needs. Many others have been completely satisfied. Still, we’re involved in a process of continuous improvement and have made many changes here that you will appreciate. I hope you will try us again and see that we’re now better than ever before.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at this facility. It was chosen as the host hotel for our state tournament. I am appalled at the condition of the rooms at this property. The first room we were put into had no working air conditioner. The table tops were sticky and dirty. There was no TV remote and no trash cans .
We were moved to another room with a working air conditioner. The carpets were dirty, burn holes in the comforter and shower curtain, mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, the security locks did not work, you could tell the door was forced open at some point - the molding around the door was broken, the molding also had been chewed by a dog and not repaired, no ironing board or iron in the room, the pillows were terrible - tiny and misshapen. Not only was the inside dirty and unmaintained but the outside was as well. Trash and cigarette butts everywhere. The jacuzzi did not work. The room keys had to be reset daily because their machine was not working properly. There were many other people that stayed here during the tournament and many, many people were unhappy. The company should be ashamed to have their name on this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank STOVETOP4YOU

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve upgraded and improved the hotel significantly since your stay. If you try us again, you’ll see that the issues that concerned you have been corrected. Still, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations in this case. Our goal is complete satisfaction and we obviously failed you.