“Decent for one night”

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Benson, Arizona
“Decent for one night”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Booked this hotel as we were traveling. Didn't have plans to stay in this area but were too tired to move on. It seemed to have decent enough reviews and we liked the fact it was right off the freeway. It is decent enough for one nights stay. There were things I disliked, like the outside light coming through the bottom of the door and the bright lights coming in around the side and bottom of curtains. Although being so tired we didn't notice it much. My biggest complaint would be the pillows. We had a king bed but were only given three pillows and they were the size of pillows you would put on your couch. Liked that Dennys was right next door. They had complimentary breakfast but we didn't make it in time to try it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
econolodgestocktonca, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a pleasant stay. I apologize, however, that our pillows didn’t meet your needs. Many others have been completely satisfied. Still, we’re involved in a process of continuous improvement and have made many changes here that you will appreciate. I hope you will try us again and see that we’re now better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
PILOT HILL, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at this facility. It was chosen as the host hotel for our state tournament. I am appalled at the condition of the rooms at this property. The first room we were put into had no working air conditioner. The table tops were sticky and dirty. There was no TV remote and no trash cans .
We were moved to another room with a working air conditioner. The carpets were dirty, burn holes in the comforter and shower curtain, mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, the security locks did not work, you could tell the door was forced open at some point - the molding around the door was broken, the molding also had been chewed by a dog and not repaired, no ironing board or iron in the room, the pillows were terrible - tiny and misshapen. Not only was the inside dirty and unmaintained but the outside was as well. Trash and cigarette butts everywhere. The jacuzzi did not work. The room keys had to be reset daily because their machine was not working properly. There were many other people that stayed here during the tournament and many, many people were unhappy. The company should be ashamed to have their name on this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve upgraded and improved the hotel significantly since your stay. If you try us again, you’ll see that the issues that concerned you have been corrected. Still, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations in this case. Our goal is complete satisfaction and we obviously failed you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 20, 2013

very convenient location right off of the hwy can't miss the comfort inn, surrounded with multiple restaurants that you can walk to. The mall was not to far at all, only took less then 10 minutes to get there with my wife and kids, hot breakfast was very good to have here, staff at front desk was very help full with directions and gave us a very good service. I don't care what others have to say but I would stay here again and recommend for others to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: room near the pool was very convenient for my kids and I.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The price should gave us a clue. My husband and I thought it was because of the city. Our room is not what we're used to for Comfort Inn. The AC unit is missing it's grill, the black out curtain has holes on the lining, so when closed it looks like a bunch of holes on the the curtain. The chair has a couple of holes on the cushion. The bathroom, though clean, had a smell like dirty laundry. My husband left the bathroom fan on the entire stay. Two people were working on their car from the time we got there around 3 pm till pass 10 pm off and on (as they get parts I guess.) Around 10 pm we took our evening walk (usually 2 or 3 times around the hotel when we're out of town) and was creep out. There were people on their phones almost on every stairway, It seems like on every corner of the parking lot there are one or two people standing around talking on their phone. If they're guests, wouldn't they make their calls from their room? The Lobby closes at 9 pm and don't reopen till 6 am. In that time you have to use the night lobby. My husband kept on hearing people passing by our room throughout the night and he kept getting up to check our car from our window.

On the positive note: Easy access to I 5, Denny's and Marie Calenders on the parking lot with Burger King and Jack in the Box a short walk. Comfortable bed but they only provide 3 half pillows per bed than the usual 4.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you pointing out our easy freeway access and the number of good restaurants nearby. I apologize that we failed to meet all your needs during this visit. We have made significant changes to the hotel since that time and are now better than ever. I sincerely hope you’ll try us again to see how we’re better than ever before.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I dont know where to start, maybe from the lobby or the overall. Well the hotel is in a not so good part of town, Quality Inn is better. I understand you cannot do anything about that, but the rooms itself oh my gosh, it is worse than a local motel, better yet maybe local motel is better, just by looking at the lobby gives you an idea of how the breakfast standard, so we didnt take any breakfast. They rent out rooms that have broken AC, kicked in doors, filthy carpets, cigaretts burn mark on comporters, pillow that looks like throw pillow for decoration on couch in the garage, no refregerator, no microwave, no iron like it should be on all Choice hotels , shame shame shame. The owner look like he just let go, dont give a damn. Employees dont wear uniform, front desk wears unprofessional attire.. My advise to you,, stay away from this motel. What a big name for your hotel but its not COMFORT Inn, looks like you just change to comfort inn from a rundown motel that sells drugs. Im sure this is like the police second home, Police was called to this motel twice or may more we have to suck it in and sleep there because there was no other place and they will not refund our money.

Room Tip: maybe 3rd floor less noise from all the local people
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to offer feedback. I’m sorry you were dissatisfied, especially since so many others around the same time were completely satisfied. Still, I sincerely apologize to you. You will be pleased to know we’ve changed and improved in many ways since your stay. If you try us again, you’ll find an experience that’s better than ever before.

Riverside, California
Reviewed July 31, 2013

s the most disgusting place I have ever tried to stay, starting off there was cigarette butts in the hall, and the elevator, before we could get in the room I could smell urine in the hall, when we opened the door the first thing we could see is the dirty stained couch, as I walked toward the bedroom, I could see giant stains on the carpet, and the smell was over powering us, we were there to visit our sick friend in Stockton, we called to the office (by the way we had to use our cell phone because the room phone did not work) we could not stay there it was like trying to stay at the city dump

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosa D
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting even though you did not stay with us. We appreciate all feedback. I’m sorry we could not meet your needs in this case. Since the time of your visit, we’ve made significant changes and improvements to the hotel, and when you visit again you’ll find that this Econo Lodge in Stockton, CA is better than ever before.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I wish we had read the reviews for this place before. We got there at 2am and were too tired to drive anywhere else. We were hauling a u-haul trailer with all our possessions and parked it in view from both our room and the lobby. We fell asleep when we awoke at 4:30 the trailer was gone. We asked the lady in the front desk if she had seen anything, but claimed "she was in the kitchen." Yea what a coincidence that she wasn't at the front desk the entire time it took the theifs to disconnect the trailer and attach it to their cars. I find it very fishy.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Trippin2583
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry you experienced a police matter that detracted from your stay. While this is a safe and secure neighborhood, thefts do sometimes happen at any location. In any case, I apologize for any ways that things under our control fell short of your expectations. We’ve made a number of changes and improvements recently that improve the quality of your future stays with us.