“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very friendly service, fine food, casual atmosphere. The fish dishes were exceptional. The wine list had some nice selections. We went there for dinner, and then went back for breakfast.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We dropped in for a quick lunch and were pleasantly surprised by a lovely meal. The burgers and fries were terrific; the baked oysters were fabulous; the fresh salad stunning -- fresh figs, roasted beets, cheese. A terrific choice in a beautiful beach town.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Fabulous atmosphere on a sat night, live Jazz music, tables outside, great food. Good children's menu. Great service. The staff were particularly understanding of the food allergies we have in our family.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

There isn't a whole lot of choice when in Stinson Beach but luckily this old standard (since 1921) doesn't disappoint. It is a combination neighborhood saloon, patio restaurant, dinner house.

It's a nice place to stop in for a beer in the afternoon and it is really hopping during the dinner hour. There's a nice outdoor patio for lunch or dinner.

The service is excellent, the food is always good if not great and the prices, while maybe a tad high, are reasonable enough for a "resort" area.

Lots of locals frequent this place and the staff seems to have all worked there for many years.....both good signs IMHO.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have an immediate negative reaction to any chef/cook who puts aioli or similar goo on or near a steak. Having said this my son raved about the filet at this place and I ordered it. The meat was quite good, it was however in a pile of weeds with thick cut fries and a large glop of aioli under it all. If that makes my son happy...fine, not me. I ate the steak and it was fine, the pile of goop I ignored. He had a salmon dish with a small cut of salmon and weeds under it. Most of the diners in the place seemed quite happy and I was not unhappy. Had the dish I ordered(my fault, it said it had the goo) been more satisfying I probably would have said nicer things. As it is, having eaten most places around Stinson, this place is as good as it gets there. I won't be running back any time soon but then I don't live near Stinson.