“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ate here with my family and went on the reviews from this site. The place was busy which is normally a good sign, the menu is good with plenty of choice but the food was not great. I ordered a chicken salad which I did not eat as the chicken was mostly a dark brown colour and tasted terrible. My kids has ham/cheese toasties which were good and my wife had a salmon salad which was average. I think we may have caught this place on an off day but we would not want to go back.

1  Thank RMG61

Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you didn't know this, Stinson Beach runs along the San Andreas Fault-line, hence my silly pun in the Title. (sorry readers, I just had to) My nephew and I tried to find parking to go to Muir Woods, but nothing was available, even WAY down the road, nothing...so being very disgruntled we headed to Stinson Beach for some lunch instead. We quickly pulled into the Breakers Restaurant since the sun was shining and a welcoming patio outside was teeming with hungry guests. Order Inside, and then find a table....or send a friend to hunt down the table, and you order for them, since ordering takes place first inside, then the server will bring you your food. Well worth it! The blackened Salmon sandwich was huge, and delicious. Possibly could split the sandwich if you're not that hungry. I ate ALL of mine! So there...finding this little gem by default was delightful. Oh yeah, and the sweet lady next door in the Book Store was filled with knowledge of Stinson Beach and the surrounding areas, so she encouraged us to continue our ride north to Point Reyes....which we did on our full bellies and smiling faces.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stopped at The Breakers on our way up the coast to our Wine Country vacation. We found a table on the deck before we realized we had to place our order inside. I had the 3 Little Pigs Omelette and my wife had the Maverick Burrito. The portions were enormous and the food was delicious. Stinson Beach is a neat little town and The Breakers a great little roadside place.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were on our way to San Francisco from Santa Rosa and realized breakfast should be in order as we planned to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. We actually drove by this restaurant then quickly turned around when we noticed they served breakfast. Are we glad we came back...this little place is a gem! Very friendly service, a little wood-burning stove welcoming us in on a chilly morning, and incredible food! The OJ was fresh-squeezed, the creamy oatmeal was definitely homemade, the honey pancakes were yummy and the home fries were better than anything we've ever had in any restaurant. If you're ever in Stinson Beach, make it a point to visit this delightful place.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

from the outside of Breakers it appears to be just a typical small beach side cafe that welcomes you. inside is like a big hug! a few booths, a few tables, a warm fire and cozy mix matched inviting easy chairs. menu is casual and accomodating. for whatever reason we decided to share some "Vegatarian" Nachos. you will not be disappointed. I am not a big veggie consumer and this was a fabuloso dish! sturdy flour/corn tortillas based a just blanched batch of robust tomatoes, onions, zucchinni, mushrooms, spinach, tossed with clean black beans and a creamy sour cream sauce drizzled on top. everyone asked what we had, and i am disappointed when i saw their food come burger/fries style.. they so missed out. my daughter and i are planning to attempt imitation of the fabulous dish but i may have to re-visit just to make sure we nail it. totally recommend this little serendipity.

1  Thank Meshellydee