“Not even up to Motel 6 Standards” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Stanton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7450 Katella Avenue, Stanton, CA 90680   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stanton
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not even up to Motel 6 Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay at Motel 6 a lot when we just need a place to sleep and get back on the road. I've never run into any problems until this one. The rooms are teeny tiny... one bed against the wall, the other bed bumps up against the a/c unit. The beds are typical discount beds so you know what to expect, nothing fancy. When we pulled down the comforter to get in bed, there was a candy wrapper and little hairs all in the sheets. Gross! It was like the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest, only made up to look like it. We called the front desk and housekeeping came up promptly to change the sheets even though it was close to 10pm. That part was good at least.

The only other complaint is that the shower was a weird, rounded capsule type contraption that I barely fit in and I'm an average sized woman. I can't imagine tall or large guests being comfortable in there. We were only there for one night so everything else was ok. The staff was very friendly and welcoming when I checked in though, I was impressed by that. Overall the experience was just OK. I've stayed in many other Motel 6 locations where I couldn't believe the value I got for the money, this one was just so-so.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank rcktgirl05

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed 6 nights it was a clean place to stay. The beds were super hard almost felt like sleeping on the floor. The room is small but clean. The staff is nice. Not too far from Disney if your driving not within walking distance though. Jack in the box is next door.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank clean01
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was concerned about this place beacsue of some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was nice, clean and very updated/looked new. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank azmom003
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

3-story building with elevator, which might be distant from your room. Parking might be distant from the elevator or from your room, if you are lucky enough to get a ground floor room. $40 weekdays and $45 weekends plus $6 for each additional adult. Usually I can get a 2.5* or 3* hotel in Buena Park or Garden Grove for about the same price on Priceline, this property is my emergency backup. Internet access card $3, but unless you get a ground floor room it won't work. Pool. Jack-in-the-Box next door, 24H. Most other Motels 6 in the OC are incrementally nicer but are $5-10 more expensive. At this writing gas is $4.50, so you might want to pay a few dollars more if your destination is a few miles distant.

Room Tip: Ground floor room avoids hike to elevator
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank mbstone

Travelers are raving about these Stanton hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

Broke out in hives for 2 nights, Beds not clean..omg dont want to thank about it!

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LGriss
Pioneertown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

No!.. ..We always stay there when we go to OC from the desert ..right between the beach & Disneyland..Also check out Marris for the BEST Pizza ever on Katella across from D-land .....
Staff is always nice ..nicer then last time we stayed @ Disneyland Hotel..but that's another review..;)
Rooms are clean & there's a shower for after the beach ..& the price is right!!

• Liked — clean & the price
  • Disliked — no fridge or micro
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank tikibycc
Scappoose, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2005

I stayed at this Motel 6 the night before we went to Disneyland. What a mistake!!
First of all, the motel 6 directory and the reservations call center both gave me the wrong rate information. I was quoted $35.99 per night when I made reservations, but upon check in I found out that was wrong and it was actually $39.99 per night. They were not willing to bring the rate down to what I was quoted and what is in the directory and I felt like I had been scammed.
2ndly - I asked for a nonsmoking room and the room they provided stunk of smoke and their was Burn Holes all over the floors and blankets. Also the blankets looked like they hadn't been washed in YEARS. The bathroom was dirty with mold and the toilet had pubic hairs all over. The room was also so small that it felt like a jail cell. I was so disgusted by the whole experience I will most likely never stay at another Motel 6 again.

Stay anywhere but this Motel 6 - What a Dive!

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank Josh97056
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanton
Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim
Motel 6 Anaheim
#69 of 114 in Anaheim
4.0 of 5 stars 44 reviews
Motel 6 Anaheim - Buena Park

Been to Motel 6 Stanton? Share your experiences!