See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was a sceptic. Being from a small town I was uncertain as to whether or not the new owners were going to make it better or keep it the same old boring way..... I WAS AMAZED the hospitality shown by Frank and Sandra is unparalleled unless of course you`ve been to Newfoundland. As a vegetarian I panic when it comes to reading the menu. Veggies can be happy! This pub has no problems altering what the can and the kitchen goes out of its way to make people happy. If you want it they will do their best to find it. Great atmosphere, great food, great time! I`ve yet to stay in the rooms because we live close so I am not able to give my opinion on them. That said if you are driving through Sharbot Lake and you are hungry the staff are fabulous and the atmosphere will take every bit of your stress away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gen_Cumpson
Reviewed November 12, 2012

In my world, this place is near perfection. I slept, curtains open to avoid missing the sunrise over the lake. My room was very large, bright and comfortable. I felt like I was at a cabin - relaxed and peaceful. The food at the restaurant is very good but it is the hospitality that really shines. Though they have just celebrated 28 years in Ontario, owners Cheryl and her husband are still Newfoundlanders through and through. Their adult daughters run the kitchen. But best of all, they are a fine music venue, with great sound and a listening-room approach to shows. They understand how to put on entertainment in a way so many venues fail at. I saw The Dardanelles and The Once there over the course of a weekend and am still blissing over what "a time" I had in Sharbot Lake. I will be returning.

Room Tip: Next time I will request the room on the end of the motel strip; not that is was noisy but this would mean no chance of neighbours on one side and slightly closer to parking for carrying bags. If noise from the on-site wood-fired heating system will bother you, bring ear plugs. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room. You'll want snacks and drinks for on the deck!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shelah63
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The girl at the restaurant was great! The room was below average, old carpet, floor boards were scraped and scratched.
When I arrived had to wear my jacket until the room heated up it was freezing. The bathroom was less than desirable. The ceramic in the tub was moldy, everything was old.
The TV was terrible, converter did not work. No breakfast available in the restaurant!

On the good side. The restaurant was great for dinner 5-8 pm the food was good and the service was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The good: room was big, spacious, clean, nicely appointed. Equipped with fridge and microwave (asked for coffee machine and got it). Gorgeous view of the water. Staff was very nice, helpful, and friendly.

Not so good: Front of motel looks funky which gives you a not so good feeling. Restaurant not open late or early, so went across street to little burger joint which was fine. No screens on huge windows and when they were open (so we could hear the beautiful loon calling across the water) the skeeters got in. Beds a bit hard and wanted a light blanket -- comforter too hot, sheet alone too cold. A/C works well but wow is it noisy.

This is a good place and with just a bit more effort could be very good.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Midlandpark3
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were a bit desperate but it was reasonable. Stunning lake view and fab sunrise (and sunset from down the road). Had a bath but the plug didn't fit...encourages you to use the shower which was very good.
Rates were 99$ (including tax). Ate in Resturant - poor food and avoid soup - it is very bland and lumpy

• Stayed: October 2011