“Fabulous experience!”
Review of ProPowderGuides

ProPowderGuides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lake Tahoe’s independent, affordable family instructor mountain guides. Safely building beginner to advanced skills for skiing, boarding, snowshoeing and alpine sightseeing.
Reviewed March 7, 2017

We had such a great time snowshoeing with David! He took us to some GREAT spots; the views were incredible. He was knowledgeable, considerate of our pace, and took some amazing photos of us (seriously, check out his photos)! I highly recommend!

All reviews
"confidence"
"skiing"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2017

Scott did an excellent job with my 7 & 8 year old. They had a blast on the mountain all day with him, and their skill set improved from traversing intermediate runs to mastering the runs by the end of the day! Thanks again!

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 10 including 6,8,12 years old kids. The tour was really easy for everyone. The tour guy was excellent and always aware of the group needs. The view is great.

1  Thank KarenRodz
Reviewed February 21, 2017

I had an all day lesson with David in February 2017 at Squaw Valley. I've only been skiing about 10 times and felt fine on easy blue runs but wanted to get more comfortable with steeper terrain. David started with the basics and immediately tweaked my technique and made my turns easier. He is so patient and fun to be around for the day. Knows the mountain well so if one section got crowded, he took me to another section. As a bonus, you get some great pics and videos of yourself with beautiful views of Lake Tahoe in the background. I would definitely recommend David and ProPowderGuides. He immediately put me at ease and I can't wait to practice my new skills.

1  Thank Tfoltz
See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2017

For years we have planned our annual ski vacations around the availability of ski school lessons for our three pre-teen children. While this works well, we have always thought that the kids spent less time on the slopes and more time in the lodge eating gummy bears than strictly necessary.

So this year we decided to try something new and hire a private instructor/guide to ski with the children and help them improve their technique. We weren’t sure how this would work out—but in fact we were delighted with the results!

We were lucky enough to find Dave, who is as solid and knowledgeable a ski instructor as we have met, and one who quickly established rapport with our three children (two girls and a boy). He gave them all exercises and pointers to improve their skiing, and exposed them to challenging terrain and conditions. Our son went from someone who merely enjoys skiing to being *ambitious*, asking to ski bumps and difficult off-piste terrain.

We also really enjoyed the flexibility this approach gave us over putting the kids in ski school. For one thing, it was easy to plan when and where to meet up for meals. For another, we could split up into different groupings depending on where we wanted to go and what we wanted to work on. And for the first time ever, the kids hit the slopes with us at first lift, and skied until exhaustion!

Dave was supportive of all of our children, observing them as individuals and advancing their technique as needed. In addition, he was always kind and funny, and an excellent conversationalist as well. He also gave us a huge trove of photos and videos for the family album.

We highly recommend Dave and look forward to working with him again next year.

2  Thank BayAreaSkier