“Great 2 days of instruction!”
Review of ProPowderGuides

ProPowderGuides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lake Tahoe’s independent, affordable family instructor mountain guides. Safely building beginner to advanced skills for skiing, boarding, snowshoeing and alpine sightseeing.
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Our main goal was to have an instructor to fine tune our kids' turns and instill more confidence. Scott was able to do both. He was VERY patient with our young kids (8 year olds) and gave them pointers as they came down the mountain. He is very knowledgeable of the mountain and challenged them (and us) with various terrain.

On the first day, the adults tagged along and Scott gave the adults pointers too. The day went so well that we booked him for another day two days later. The second time, he took one kid for a couple of hours and met up with the rest of us later. My kids said they had a blast and were doing great the rest of the ski trip on the slopes. Highly recommend it!

1  Thank katjen2017
"confidence"
"skiing"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2016

It was a wonderful Christmas activity for my family with PropowderGuides. David met us at our hotel lobby on time and guided us all the way to the top of the mountain equipped with ladder, snow shoes , birdseeds and hand warmers. We are recommending using PropowderGuides to family and friends . He took pictures of us as we snowshoe and even play a game for the whole family. He was efficient in communication thru texts and emails as we have to reschedule because of the weather . Overall a great experience !

1  Thank r12weng
Reviewed December 28, 2016

This was a great experience. From beginning to end there were so many useful bits of information and then we put it into practice all day. At the end of the day we did a slope that I would have thought was too steep for me, but we ended up doing it three times and I could tell from the beginning to the end of the day that I'd made a marked improvement and my husband commented on it too. So much of it is mental confidence but you need the skills to back it up. I went on to ski for four more days and kept repeating David's instructions in my head to focus on what I needed to do. Money well spent and next time I head to Tahoe I am booking another lesson for sure!!!

1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed December 19, 2016

David is such a nice guy, patient with our mistakes, always encouraging and reinforcing the techniques we learned from him. My wife and I have been skiing for over ten years, self taught, doing the easy blue runs. This year, we thought we should check and see if the old dogs like us can learn some new tricks (we are past the half century mark)! And we did learn new tricks from David! His coaching made the runs easy on our knees and legs, even though it was icy conditions in Northstar ski resort in Tahoe. David took before and after videos and photos of us and made us aware of the areas where we could improve and we did! He mailed us a link with the photos/videos before the end of the day. Highly recommend David as a ski instructor to improve your skills even if you know skiing. Very reasonable price as well.

1  Thank Saibal S