“Great activity !”
Review of ProPowderGuides

ProPowderGuides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lake Tahoe’s independent, affordable family instructor mountain guides. Safely building beginner to advanced skills for skiing, boarding, snowshoeing and alpine sightseeing.
Reviewed December 28, 2016

It was a wonderful Christmas activity for my family with PropowderGuides. David met us at our hotel lobby on time and guided us all the way to the top of the mountain equipped with ladder, snow shoes , birdseeds and hand warmers. We are recommending using PropowderGuides to family and friends . He took pictures of us as we snowshoe and even play a game for the whole family. He was efficient in communication thru texts and emails as we have to reschedule because of the weather . Overall a great experience !

1  Thank r12weng
"confidence"
"skiing"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2016

This was a great experience. From beginning to end there were so many useful bits of information and then we put it into practice all day. At the end of the day we did a slope that I would have thought was too steep for me, but we ended up doing it three times and I could tell from the beginning to the end of the day that I'd made a marked improvement and my husband commented on it too. So much of it is mental confidence but you need the skills to back it up. I went on to ski for four more days and kept repeating David's instructions in my head to focus on what I needed to do. Money well spent and next time I head to Tahoe I am booking another lesson for sure!!!

1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed December 19, 2016

David is such a nice guy, patient with our mistakes, always encouraging and reinforcing the techniques we learned from him. My wife and I have been skiing for over ten years, self taught, doing the easy blue runs. This year, we thought we should check and see if the old dogs like us can learn some new tricks (we are past the half century mark)! And we did learn new tricks from David! His coaching made the runs easy on our knees and legs, even though it was icy conditions in Northstar ski resort in Tahoe. David took before and after videos and photos of us and made us aware of the areas where we could improve and we did! He mailed us a link with the photos/videos before the end of the day. Highly recommend David as a ski instructor to improve your skills even if you know skiing. Very reasonable price as well.

1  Thank Saibal S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

We spent 3 days skiing with Dave from powderguides in Northstar. We had been skiing as a family for several years but this Was our best skiing experience yet - both kids - aged 10 and 8 - loved Dave and were much more confident after the 3 days - ready to go down any slope ! Would definitely recommend powderguides - v easy to deal with - great experience - will definitely use them again when we make it back to California!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2016

How many times in life do goods and services exceed your expectations? This is one experience that blew us away. ProPowderGuides not only delivered on exactly what was advertised, but went well beyond the experience described on the website.

Working with David was a absolute pleasure. We had a group of 6 kids that ranged from 5 -11 and wanted them to experience Squaw together. In our initial call David spent time explaining the dynamics of instructions with such a diverse group and wanted information on each child. We worked out a plan and it was executed beautifully. The kids had an amazing time and loved working with Dave. Each day we had pictures and videos emailed to us updating our kids progress. Truly above and beyond our expectations.

We had a wonderful experience and highly recommend using ProPowderGuides on your next ski adventure!!

1  Thank ph0dge3