WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Bear Mountain Pizza

Bear Mountain Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Squaw Valley, California
“Best pizza ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place has been in business for about 15 years and in all that time I have never had a bad pizza. The staff is always friendly and service is excellent.

Visited July 2012

Colorado
“Tasty pie, great service and very reasonable pricing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I stopped here before venturing into Sequoia NP. The restaurant is literally off the highway.

Very friendly service and the pizza was flavorful and tasty. I'd even go so far to state the pepperoni was the best I've ever had. Had some type of pepper on it that just kept getting better.

One note, they make pan pizza. Not Domino's crust, not Chicago deep dish, but in the middle. I'd say the crust is about 3/4" think. Not bad, but a lot of bread. However, it was perfectly cooked.

My pizza was like $9 or $10 for a 14" pie. Great opportunity to bring some take home into the park as a snack.

Lastly, 3-4 retro arcade games. I could see a family with kids doing well here.

• Visited July 2012
Stockton, California
“Great Pizza at Squaw Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place was recommended by my sister and niece who live in Visalia, and who sometimes just drive up there for the pizza. We had camped all week at Hume with my son and his family and wanted to stop there to try it out. We were there in time for lunch and ordered the Special they had on the board for a 14 inch pepperoni pizza for $9.99. It fed 4 adults and 1 child and it was very good! We have been going to Hume Lake for years, but never knew about this place. From now on out we will be making it a point to stop there for lunch or dinner. They also have specialty pizzas that sounded very good as well. The pizza was crisp on the bottom and soft dough inside; the crust was even good. The only downside was we couldn't wait for the pizza to cool off and burnt the roof of our mouths on the hot cheese, but I would still highly recommend. I did not pay attention to their hours, but most pizza places are open into the evenings.

• Visited June 2012
Fremont, CA
“Good place to get pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you are staying in the area, then there is no other choice for food. We had a pizza here for dinner and it was reasonably priced and good.

Visited May 2012
Bonifay, Florida
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were in the Squaw Valley area Oct 2012 and had rented a house ( Bunny Hill VRBO ) in the area. There's not many places to eat in the area and we passed Bear Mountain Pizza the night we got there so we figured we'd give it a try after a day at Kings Canyon.....WOW, very good pizza. The prices were beyond reasonable, even the beers were only about $2. The folks working there are super friendly and made you want to come back. They also have very tasty sub sandwiches which we picked up for a picnic in the parks because you either take your food with you or go hungry. My kids still talk about Bear Mountain Pizza.

• Visited October 2011