“Great choice in a limited area”

Bear Mountain Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Squaw Valley doesn't have a lot of restaurants...or much of anything, really. It's greatest advantage is that it's close to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National parks and so expectations about what to find in the town itself were low for us. Bear Mountain Pizza was next door to the motel we stayed at and the only place in town open past 9:00pm, so we sort-of had to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised to find great food, helpful, fast service and a warm, inviting atmosphere. The place is full of stuffed bears on window sills and extra tables (a play on "Bear" in Bear Mountain) and has a big screen TV in the corner. They have a bar as well as outdoor seating and serve sandwiches, hot wings and ice cream in addition to pizza, though pizza is obviously the main attraction. No thin crust here-it's all traditional pan crust-but there's a wide range of toppings and sizings and service is fast-we had our order within 10 minutes of placing it. The owner is part of the team, helping to refill drinks and clear tables and is friendly and talkative with customers. Though a small town, we didn't get the "Look at the strangers who just walked in the door" stare that can be typical at some local joints and we felt welcomed from the moment we entered. It was a great way to relax after a long day of hiking and the pizza was great-tasty and cheesy and hot. We liked it so much we came back the next night and this time tried the garlic cheese bread-highly recommend!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

It's the best pizza I've had in more than six years. I will drive a long way to have it.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stop here every time I am in the area. Weather I am headed to or from the campsite, doing a wedding or out for a relaxing drive. We almost always stop by Bear Mountain Pizza. We have occasionally driven over from Hanford for the sole reason of eating here.

I like the country atmosphere, I find it to be relaxing. I really enjoy the pizza, the crust is actually crunchy on the bottom, which is difficult to find these days and the sauce is seasoned the way I like it. The salad is always fresh and they make great sandwiches as well.

I say its well worth a try. Let me know what you think.

Robert Henshaw
Artistic Elegance Photography
PO Box 1281 Hanford, Ca 93230
559 362 3461

Reviewed May 7, 2010

I'm always surprised how good there pizza is, and with coupons, it's quite a deal!
Not many choices in the sandwiches, [4 i think] but they are great too!

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I have been eating here since 1999, I'd have to say that 1 out of 100 pizzas is not very good. They have a nice selection of toppings, which they are generous with. There is a small variety of icecreams to choose from, a small bar with beer on tap, 2 tv's, acade area, and FABULOUS sandwiches! They have a drive-up window as well! I love this place, my family eats here at least 2-7 times a month! Highly recommended!