“Dumpy but edible”

Goldilocks Bakeshop
Description: Goldilocks serves authentic Filipino food and baked goods. We have become the destination for those native to the Philippines and others who are just looking for great Filipino food alike. In fact, many customers tell us they have traveled extensive distances just to eat at Goldilocks.We have a myriad of traditional Filipino dishes, desserts, and baked goods, such as Asado, Lumpia, Crispy Pata, Cassava, and Puto. Or try some of our non-traditional baked goods, like our Cream Cheese Bun or Brownie. And we don’t use MSG!Food is such a defining characteristic of Filipino culture. Even the greeting in native Tagalog translates to "Have you eaten?” If you haven’t, it’s time to come by Goldilocks for a great meal or treat!We can ship orders! Just go to our website to place an order.
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

It ain't exactly Le Cordon Bleu, but its an inexpensive slophouse that will temporarily fill the void in your gut and that is the primary purpose of food.

Agnes F, Manager at Goldilocks Bakeshop, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm disheartened to hear you think of us as a 'slophouse.' We put a lot of love into our cooking. In fact, many of our dishes are inspired by old family recipes from generations ago. If you have any suggestions for us to improve, please let me know.

Best,
Agnes, Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2012

When you are married to a Filipino you come to love many things about their culture...the food being one of those things. So when I travel to San Francisco I always make it a point to head to the South San Francisco area due to the large number of Filipino restaurants, shops and warm, kind people.

Goldilocks is a combination restaurant (cafeteria style) and bakery. The food offers something for everyone...native Filipino or someone who has never had Filipino foods...but is willing to try something fun. On this trip I ate there twice, and both times the food was fresh, delicious and served with pride. The bakery was an entirely different story...because the bakery is a Filipino baked-goods lover's paradise! If they don't have it, you don't need it. That is because they have EVERYTHING that you could find in the Philippines.

One thing that I appreciatet about Goldilocks thout is that not only can you get these baked goods in their stores, you can also order them online (http://www.goldilocks.com), and they ship to you, still fresh.

Finally, it goes without saying that there might be some concern as to how you are treated when you go to a place like this is you are not Filipino. I say that because I am an adventurous eater, and have been to "ethnic" restaurants before were I was more or less shunned becuase I wasn't "one of them". Nothing could be further from the truth here...or at any Filipino restaurant I visited on this trip. As is the case with most, if not all Filipinos, you will always be treated kindly with respect, and welcomed in their establishments as family.

1  Thank davidmeyer
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I agree with other reviewers, have had better at home. They're good at baked goods but restaurant is just average. Their Palabok is the worst I've ever eaten! I do like their Ube Polvoron!

1  Thank Ree206
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I may be a little critical (and somewhat biased) on my rating because I am Filipino.

Personally, I have always found that the food served at Goldilocks is somewhat bland. It has nothing compared to mom's home cooked meals (which are delicious and authentic).

However, Goldilocks does make great cakes, rolls (my personal fave is marble or mocha), ensaymada (brioche), mamon (French sponge-like cake), polvoron (powder candies), and the list goes on...

So I would suggest: Come here for Filipino baked goods. If you want to try good Filipino food, go somewhere else (like Tribu, Ongpin or House of Sisig).

2  Thank mzmelanie
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I was not very satisfied with the entrees served here. I have been in the Philippines and Goldilocks is famous there. The Bakery goods are good however and reflect the popular cruisine of baked goods in the Philippines.

Better Bakery than restaurant.