“Dwindling treasure”
Review of Galli's Sanitary Bakery - CLOSED

Galli's Sanitary Bakery
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

I have to admit that this is a very personal review. My wife and I have been going to Galli's Sanitary Bakery since before we were married (35 years). I guess that it's a sign of the times, but this place has been in business for over 100 years and it's now on the verge of closing. Their cakes, cookies and pies are simply great. The old world care and maticulous product quality make it a very special place. My wife fondly remembers their speciality "pink champagne" cake. It seems as though all the small Mom and Pop businesses are slowly dissappearing. It's a shame that the next generation of children won't know what real bakery goods look and taste like. Safeway and Costco are poor substitutes.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

When I visit friends on the San Francisco Peninsula, we often drive up to Galli's Sanitary Bakery in So. S.F. to buy panettone bread. My friends are 1st generation Italian-Americans, so they know good panettone, and I always buy a big loaf to bring back to Oregon with me. I've tried samples of their bread pudding, as well as some of their pastries, and everything there is outstanding! I wish I could find an Italian bakery up here as good as Galli's.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Awesome apple fritters! Cinnamon roll was outstanding! Other baked goods were amazing!! Wish we lived closer! The ladies were so friendly and even warmed up our food.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

I have been going to Galli's for YEARS! Best pies in town, can't go wrong with any of their pastries either. If you are a banana cream pie fan-get it at Galli's!

Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

This has been a South San Francisco tradition for ever
They make the most wonderful Italian pastry's.
Especially the rum cake and Napoleons...they are fresh and delicious..they also have wonderful coffee's to chose from and donuts....