“Love their food”

South San Francisco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love their food”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My kids love mexican food and I love nachos. We come here 2-3 times a month but due to our busy schedule we haven't been here for a while. We normally come over here after the kids' game...nice treat for the family...

Visited September 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place has my husband's favorite: carnitas torta. It is cooked on the spot so it is always warm and fresh. Meat, sauce, mayonaise, lettuce, jalapenos, tomatoes, yum!! He loves it on the Dutch Crunch roll, but unfortunately they ran out, so he had to have it on a french roll. Good, but not as good as dutch crunch!

Visited September 2012
South San Francisco, California
“So far so good!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm not sure what people are complaining about. The food has been good the two times i went, and the service was fast! Try the ALL MEAT Burrito!!!! Yummy Carnitas for days!!!!

• Visited February 2012
Rohnert Park
“Not the greatest Mexican food around”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Twice I have been to the El Faro's and twice I have gotten sick. The first time I tried it, it was a year or two ago, decided since I was in the neighborhood would give it the benefit of the doubt. I should have stayed with my first instinct, was sick again, ordered the same burrito I would anywhere else, this El Faro's is just plain bad! I have tried two different El Faro's and it was okay, but this one in SSF just.....let's just say I don't think I would ever eat there again or recommend it to any friends, or even enemies!!! Maybe my boss though!!! Hmmm. If you are looking for mexican food, try other places (heck even Taco Bell is better than this place)

Visited August 2011
Southern California
“Average Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stopped here on a whim, and this place was alright. The dining room was very warm as though the a/c was not working or not turned on. The food was average, I had the chorizo tacos and they were pretty good, and my wife had the nachos, there was plenty of meat but the beans were bland and they microwaved it. The whole situation inside also is odd as they assume you know their operation and there appears to be a language barrier. The gentleman running register although was nice was odd and didn't want to do anything other than run the register. I would stop here again if other choices were not available.

• Visited August 2011