“Miserable night”

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed August 25, 2006

first, the bed is really slanted, and makes you want to roll off all night long. the furnature is worn, and in need of replacement.
HERE IS THE BIGGIE** there is a STRIKE going on all around the building. these people are yelling at like 7:30 am and making it impossible to sleep.

it seems the hotel management and current employees know this and dont say anything to you when you call, or do an internet reservation.

as it turns out, there is a small letter onthe front desk, quite far from where your transaction takes place, and there is no one directing you to look at it.

now i soppose this next one is not the fault of the hotel, but added to the misery of my stay in this place none the less.
it sounded like the people upstairs were juggling billiard balls and in need of a lot of practice. every minute or so, something heavy dropped. uuuugh!

stay someplace else.

Reviewed August 24, 2006

I spent a week here, and I think if you want the hilton you're going to be paying twice as much for half as much more suite. I'm on the road half the year doing trade shows, and take my wife and 2 year old with me. The DELUXE continental breakfast was the best thing to keep me on schedule. They sometimes switched out the cheese omelet for hardboiled eggs, and ran out of sausage one day because the place was packed... for a reason!!!

The picket line never entered the parking lot, which is good because the parking truly is pretty limited, and I couldn't get house keeping to take the tips I left in my room! I had to force it into their hands myself... Also they didn't leave the elevator door open when they cleaned it so that it REEKED of cleanser if you want to get picky.

But I can name half a dozen hotels in the area where I wouldn't take my shoes off, so I'll just park further from my room.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2006

Arrived for business for 6 nights. It took about 45 minutes to check in because the desk person wan on break and the person who was working the desk didn't speak english well. There were people waiting out the door! After finally checking in, passed someone near the elevator smoking something that was not a cigarette. Finally got to my "motel room" (not a suite) and eveything was damp, very creepy. I checked out the next night and went to the Hilton garden inn down the road. I always use trip advisor and they have always steered me in the right direction, but the reviews for this hotel were way off. I travel approx. 40 weeks a year and I can honestly say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank squill23
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We have spent here 2 nights early July, the first hotels of a trip of two weeks in California.
This hotel has been our preferred one, mainly for the comfort of the room (dispite the convertible bed for our daughters) and the quality and choice of the breakfast. No pool, but not neccessary for tourists in San Francisco.
A small problem during the first night with noisy women on the upper room, but the hotel staff was not responsible. We have seen the unionists demonstrating the 2nd morning, but not too much noise. They were not present on July 4th.
We have not been disturbed by the highway.
The free shuttle is nice.
I will recommend this hotel.
Jean-Luc, Belgium.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jean-Luc44
Reviewed July 12, 2006

Yes, there were boycotters, but the rooms were clean, the breakfast buffet was great, and the price was the best. My thought on the boycotters is that they were replaced by hard workers who apparently don't have green cards, but they certainly get the job done. We got up early every day, as we were tourists, so the picketers added something interesting to the memory of our stay there. The shuttle service to SFO was helpful, but plan on a good 30-45 minute trip to the terminal. They offer coin laundry as well and this was greatly appreciated. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and polite, and the maids/housekeeping also were efficient. I would stay here again and especially at the price I got. Insider tip, the parking lot is total chaos!!!! If possible, travel by public transportation to and from the hotel as parking spaces are minimal.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank rplove5662
Reviewed June 28, 2006

I would say this is not the place to call your home away from home. We arrived late at night and we were tired. It took a while for me to fall asleep due to the noisy freeway and some sort of moldy smell. We tried to sleep in but there is some sort of boycott by the union right now and they were yelling outside our hotel room early in the morning. Upon checkout, one of the boycotters was standing just outside the front desk door and probably thought I was checking in. He hounded me not to stay there even though I was just checking out. Whether or not I am for the union, I don't think that union would have made a difference in the cleanliness of the hotel as the age of the hotel is the issue.

I would say that it is a place to stay if you are really tired and passing through and there is no other place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank JayTee81
Reviewed June 17, 2006

We got a great price for 3 nights at this property. The ride to downtown San Fran is quick and easy. Others on this site recommended asking for a room away from the highway to avoid the noise of traffic. Great tip. The noise was muted. We faced into a courtyard and their small hot tub. We did get a lot of noise in the early morning from slamming doors from folks leaving their rooms. The breakfast buffet was excellent, well stocked, good variety, with make your own waffle irons that were wonderful. One disquieting aspect was the morning picketers, who shouted to "checkout", supposedly former employees of a previous owner of the property. As a former union person, this was troublesome for me. The "new" owners should ressolve this as soon as possible.

• Stayed: June 2006