“Better choices within a few miles...”

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Where to begin... I flew into San Fransisco International Airport for work. I picked up my rental car and drove straight to the hotel. The staff was friendly, but slow. It took almost 20 minutes to get checked in, then they made me pay additional money so that I may park in their parking lot. I then drove my rental car around to the other side of the hotel to go to my room, when I saw a homeless man carrying a bag up the hill to a bridge directly behind the hotel. I then walked to my room, which had a terrible musty odor. I had to turn on the ceiling mounted exhaust fan in the restroom to help clear out the smell. I left the hotel for a while and returned later that evening, planning to use their wi-fi internet to do some work and get caught up on e-mails. Needless to say, the wi-fi signal was very weak and I kept losing connection. Fortunately, I travel with a hot-spot!

Pro's: Close to the airport; clean room (excluding smell); good hot breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage links, cerael, toast, muffins, coffee, juices, milk, fruit, etc.; public jacuzzi.

Con's: Terrible road infrastructure around hotel - hard to get onto the interstate from hotel location; no swimming pool; stinky room; poor wi-fi connection; public jacuzzi is outdoors; no local attractions within walking distance; etc...

If and when I return to the San Fransisco, CA area, I do not plan to stay at this hotel, as there are many other options in nearby areas that appear much newer and nicer.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are the only ones with a decent view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

At Comfort Inn & Suites, we have worked hard to ensure that all of our breakfast items are fresh and satisfy guests' needs. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our different amenities. I do apologize for the week signal of our internet; we are working on fixing this issue as it is a concern for us. We would like for you to give us another chance to show our exciting new look after we are done with our renovation, including an upgraded internet.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for only one night of a planned two-night stay, because their internet service was very poor to non-existent. I had called the technical support line twice, at 1:30 AM and 7:30 AM, and they were unable to restore my service.
The room was comfortable, with a queen bed and a sofa, flat-screen TV, microwave and fridge. I do not like the new, small-sized pillows that Quality Inns have started to use...I find them uncomfortable. Other than that, the bed was OK. The entire feel of the building was a little tired, but potentially could be very nice with a little renovation in paint, small repairs, etc.
The breakfast variety was quite good, with eggs and sausage in addition to the usual waffles, fruit, cereals, etc.
There was also a nightly parking charge of $6.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

The majority of our guests enjoy the complimentary High Speed Internet service we provide to be an incredible convenience during their stay with us. I am deeply apologetic for the week or the non-existent signal you endured during your stay with us. We have lost signal in the whole hotel overnight; unfortunately, tech support was not able to get it back on before you checked-out. But we are working on fixing the issue so it will not happen again.
I hope that the lack of this service did not greatly impair your enjoyment of your stay. And we would greatly appreciate a second chance to impress you with the many wonderful amenities and excellent service we provide, including an upgraded High Speed Internet.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Second time to stay here. It's close to the airport, good for early flight times. Room was clean with a huge bathroom and it was quiet enough. Price is better than most. No time for the breakfast and still didn't get to use the outdoor spa so I can't review them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The location for someone flying out the next morning was delightful. The avoid is very devoid of restaurants and the delivery menu is very lackluster. The fitness room left so much to be desired broken free weights,no tv that works,t,read ill in operable. I was placed in a handicap suite which provided a tremendous amount of space but more attention to detail needs to be paid while I was doing push-ups on the floor I discovered discarded toenail clippings not a good attention to detail.
Beds were delightful and the price was comparable,nice bath layout. Breakfast was amazing almost on par with Hilton suites in Anaheim California. Definately a must stay hotel again if traveling to the city for a game or flying out.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ema96
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed the variety we have to offer for our daily complimentary breakfast. In the other hand, please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience the fitness room caused during your stay; I would like to inform you that we have replaced the television and fixed the broken items. I have met with our housekeeping department and shared your findings with them to avoid this issue from happening again.
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention, and I hope to welcome you back again to Comfort Inn & Suites in the near future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

this was our second stay here..the first was in april 2008
we really enjoy our visits here.
very comfortable and clean rooms.
breakfast is free and a wide assortment to choose from.
we always get a great nights sleep here.
a short drive to SF andthe airport.
price is great for all you get.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

We appreciate all of your wonderful compliments and would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco North. We always enjoy hearing positive feedback which provides even greater motivation to us to continue to maintain our highest standards of service.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to the San Francisco Airport and the staff were very friendly and helpfull. The shuttle to the airport runs for most of the day including 4 AM for making early flights. However, beware of the side of the hotel toward the trains. It can be quite noisy. I recommend you ask for the side of the hotel away from the trains.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank navybng

I know I speak for all of the staff here at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco North when I say that we always strive to ensure the comfort of all of our guests and we love hearing compliments such as yours. We are going to have a major renovation that includes minimizing the noise coming from the train.
We would like to invite you to stay with us again to experience our renovation with us.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our overnight stay here was fine, the room was clean and beds were comfortable. The breakfast selection was good and the overall price for the room with tax was under $100. The only downside was having to pay for parking($6.60), NOT COOL! If you happened to be traveling with two vehicles, there is a 1 vehicle per room limit, otherwise $35 a night for the extra parking fee...ridiculous!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
sfosuites, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to write your comment. I am glad to hear that the room and the extra amenities suited your needs. In the other hand, I am sorry to hear that our parking options were not to your satisfaction. Although parking in South San Francisco is at a fee and Due to our limited parking spaces, we did our best in providing parking to our guests at a minimal fee that is lower than other parking options in the area.