“Good Surprise”

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Excellent Experience! Nice place to stay in San Francisco, CA.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amen1913
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here when I recently was working at the US Open Golf Tournament at Olympic club. I chose it because of their low rate. If you look at the hotel from the outside, you might not like what you see. It is litterally located under an overpass and along side a train track. But the room was clean and the bathroom recently remodeled. Both were very roomy. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room. A very large flat screen TV was in the room, but only got about 20 channels. The staff were efficient, but it was hard to understand their English. I must give a kudos to the desk clerk who gave me a call when I left my camera next to the one (only one) computer in the lobby. I really appreciated that. The breakfast was okay, same thing every morning, but a large enough selection for me. I saw a (homeless?) man digging through the dumpster near the back of the hotel one night which was a disturbing sight. I didn't report that to anyone though, so I can't blame the hotel for not doing something about it. I would recommend a stay here if you're not going to spend much time at the hotel, but use it as an inexpensive place to spend the night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank N B
Reviewed June 18, 2012

In all my years of traveling, I have never had such a bad experience.
First, I was coming in at 11:15 and I had to negotiate hard to get a shuttle from the airport before I left. When I finally arrived and called for the shuttle, I was told there is no reservation and the front desk agent said she did not care if I have a confirmation number (from website of choice hotels - the chain that owns comfort inns) and in fact cut my phone when I was talking to her. I had to call the choice hotels 800 number to get them to send the shuttle.
When the shuttle finally came and at 12:30 AM, the front desk agent told me that she has no rooms for me as the room she had saved for me no longer exists. I was waiting at the front desk for 45 mins where I called the Choice hotels and others without luck. The agent offered me the couch (seriously !) or a hotel room 20 miles away. After some time, she found a room and put me there. Misery all over.

That said, the support staff is very good. Jose during breakfast was very helpful and courteous. I liked the room amenities too but the reservation process and the handling was terrible, I would never consider staying in Comfort Inns.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pr4S
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a nice property with easy access to Hwy 101. The room and grounds were in decent shape.
Unfortunately I will not stay there again as I had reserved a smoking room and it was not available on my arrival. There was another person checking in at the same time who was in the same situation as us. We were told that the someone had decided to extend their stay. I feel that that those people should have been told that the room had already been reserved or at the very least we should have been notified so we could make other arrangements.
The room had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. It had a large flat screen TV, a desk with desk chair, reading lights, free Wi-Fi. The room was a little cramped, if someone was sitting in the desk chair there was very little room to get by behind them.
There is an iron and board and free lotion, shampoo and make-up remover. The bed was pretty firm, the pillows were pretty soft but they were small and square.
There is not a restaurant on site but the hotel provides a list of 11 restaurants nearby, including type of cuisine, phone number and directions. Menus are provided for several restaurants that deliver including; Cecilias.com, Orderin.com, DiNapoli and Xiago long Bao Kitchen. In addition they do offer a free breakfast. They have soda vending machines but I did not see a machine with snacks.

Small things that annoy me: only one Kleenex, I called for more but they never arrived, the window does not open, broken desk drawer, no soap dish and two ice machines that were not working.

Room Tip: Our room (220) was quiet but rooms 161, 264 & 364 and up were in another building which was clos...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SitkaRaven
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Location near the International airport but, you can hear the air traffic and it's very near the railroad tracks although we didn't experience any trains. Also near freeway traffic. The room was in a seperate building away from the lobby area which meant you had to walk through a windy and cold court yard getting to breakfast. Room was poorly lighted, and you could see outside lights through the door. Couldn't park anywhere near the room which made it inconvenient. Becuase of the location which is near shops and restraurants it would be good for air travelers. However, there are other motels not much further away than this which is why we didn't return to this motel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank james s
Reviewed May 16, 2012

After our plane got in late and we missed our flight, they put us up here. in fact a lot of us missed the flight that night. with only Two lady's working, they got us all in and set, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and very little noise, huge flat screen t.v. coffee, fridge and microwave in room. if you need a spot to stay before S.F.O., or have to stay over when you get in, this would work just fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank notsogreat21
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed here the night before flight from SFO. Bit pricy. Breakfast was poor.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends