Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North(South San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$160
Travelers Inn(South San Francisco)
$149
$141
$116
HIExpress.com
$189
All reviewswafflesclose to the airportfront desksan franciscorental carfree breakfastnext morningfridge and microwavenothing fancyhotel shuttlefree shuttlesfoflightparkingtaxicerealhawaii
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We spent the night of September 9, 2009 and enjoyed it more than our first time in 2007. When we checked in, I asked if THIS TIME we could get a room that didn't have a couch so stained we were afraid sit on it AND a bathroom with toiletries which were more than half full and where the wallpaper wasn't peeling off the walls. She looked horrified and said, "Oh, my yes! You should have complained before!" We are Choice Hotels club members and were given a nice queen bed suite as nice and CLEAN as could be! Full bottles of toiletries this time, no peeling wallpaper, no stains on the furniture and upgraded linens too!

They have done some remodeling and the computer is now in a more private area rather than just 'out in the breakfast area'.

The owner/manager of the hotel is very friendly and we would definitely stay there again because it is so handy to SFO and the car rental location!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I had a great stay at the Quality Suites in South San Francisco. First, it was very easy to find when I got off the freeway. The receptionists were super friendly and very helpful. Most important to me, hotel premises are clean, outside and inside. My room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a while during his short term work in San Francisco. The hotel is reasonably priced, and everyone there was very friendly.
The continental breakfast was a plus for us, and was rotated between a few different hot food items, which was nice. But always good cold choices (cereal, muffins, fruit, etc) available too.
The room was usually pretty quiet, but when the windows were open the sounds from the highway/airport would travel in. Okay during the day but we kept them closed at night.
Its about 20 minutes from San Francisco, but since its right off the highway, its not difficult to get around if you've got a car. They also have a free shuttle to the airport. If you don't feel like driving, you can get on the BART at the airport and go all the way to downtown SF.
Within driving distance to mall, airport, outdoors (San Bruno Mountain, Oyster Point Marina), & of course the city.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We had an interesting and wonderful experience at this hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful and courteous, the breakfast was delicious. The location next to the airport was good if you were flying in and accessible to both the BART and bus system if you wanted to leave your car at the hotel rather than paying expensive parking fees in downtown San Francisco.
We arrived at 11:30 on a Friday night and while unloading our luggage from the elevator to go to our room on the second floor we managed to drop our rental car keys down the elevator shaft (both wired together of course--that's the way the rental car company gave them to us.)
The manager was so kind and tried everything he could think of to help us but other than an expensive emergency call to the elevator company there was nothing he could do to retrieve the keys. Fortunately, we had time in our trip schedule to stay until Monday when the elevator company could send someone out and get the keys back for us.
The manager extended our stay at less than the internet rate we were paying and helped us with maps and information about the free hotel to airport shuttle, the BART system and the bus system to downtown San Francisco to sight see. We had an excellent stay at the Quality Inn and Suites and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the San Francisco area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebanotmcentire
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I went there with a park and ride package, I was traveling to Europe for 10 days. I let the car and I think the price was OK. The suite was clean and the receptionist was nice. My room was in the first floor above the Taco Bell drive throught, but we didn´t notice any noise. The breakfast was really nice, just done for you.
Next day we got the shuttle to the airport, fast and profesional.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family