“As close to feeling at home as you can get.”

Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had never been to San Fran before. This location was easy to find and had great access to all highways and is only a couple of minutes to the airport. On entering the hotel we inquired about tours in the area. Not only did the manager recommend some tours, he took it upon himself to call them and make the reservation for us. He also negotiated a better rate with them than posted online. All of the tours picked us up at the hotel and dropped us off when done. No driving by us was needed. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the room as well. The room was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast had a wide variety of hot and cold food. They even had a computer in the lobby to print out our flight boarding pass. All in all, very enjoyable stay as well as extremely nice staff made this one of the best trips we've ever had. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The bed was UNcomfortable
toilet seat was not fully attached and shifted
front desk person was friendly but overly chatty while other customers waited to check in
on plus side - location and shuttle service to airport

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deb S
Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you have a car and do not want to pay the San Francisco hotel rates this is a great place to stay. Friendly and helpful front desk. 15 to 20 minute car ride to Fisherman's wharf. Also close to the BART if you don't want to pay big parking rates. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Free breakfast better than most.

Room Tip: Stayed on third floor. Nice room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I booked a room for one night at this hotel through my work travel agent. They had made a mistake with the number of people staying in the room. When I checked in I told the gal at the front desk that there were 5 of us. She checked me in and didn't say another thing. Several hours later when I walked through the lobby the same gal was very rude with me and told me she was now going to charge me an additional $20 per person plus an additional $15 per person for the breakfast buffet. This hotel is not that nice and was not worth that much additional money. I was really confused by all the excellent reviews, this person at the front desk was very rude and the hotel was not that nice. She was so rude we ending up moving to a hotel across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The rooms at this Quality Inn were very comfortable. The breakfast options were enjoyable too. But it was the staff that made the stay extremely enjoyable. They were always helpful, friendly, and willing to answer all questions. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I visited SF for the first time this past week and booked this hotel mainly on price, availability (big conferences in town limited room availability everywhere), and strength of reviews. It did not disappoint. I was expecting a comfortable place to stay and not much beyond; however, the family that owns the place goes out of their way to treat you like their own. Truly amazing: excellent recommendations on places to eat, things to do, how to get around, and help with anything you might need. Truly, I felt like I had a personal concierge that was just a call away at all times, from wherever I was. They even helped me navigate my way through town after 10pm. You don't find service like this very often.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Unique_Handle
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at this small but clean hotel the night before our flight to Florida and a Caribbean cruise as a a park and cruise option. The property is very clean with average size rooms, typical amenities and friendly staff. The breakfast is also very nicely presented. The plus though, was the park and fly as we were able to keep our car parked right in front of the entrance for 10-nights and retain our keys while we were gone. This is nice considering many park and fly options to SFO require you to leave your keys as they will move your car to another location. They provide a taxi in the morning to SFO, and upon return, you can just grab a cab at the airport and they will refund your fare ($15) you paid to return. For the price you pay (149.00), it is much more convenient and less expensive than long-term parking at the airport. Plus, you get a room overnight before your trip without the hassle of worrying about making your flight because of traffic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco? Share your experiences!