“Clean and Comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine, CA
Reviewed January 7, 2006

I had never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before, but I am impressed with how nice this place is...exactly what you'd expect from a Hilton chain. It's got the charm, it's clean, and has some upscale decor that give it a great feel.

This being a working trip, I found the free internet access to be easy to use and a great feature, as well as a nice upscale desk/chair. Also handy are the microwave and fridge. To me you can always tell a good stay by the luxuriousness of the towels, and the smell of a room. This place IS a good stay.

Parking is free and the BART station is a short drive away and helped me save money by not parking downtown. Only took 20 mins to get downtown.

Sure everyone wants to stay downtown in a 5-star hotel and order room service in a white terrycloth robe. But if you're like me, someone who wants to save money yet not question how sanitary the bathroom floors or the sheets are, then I think you'll find this place to be more than adequate!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed November 6, 2005

I was nervous booking this hotel for $55 a night through their net direct website but couldn't have been more pleased and surprised with the room and the staff. Kept saying how amazed I was that the hotel was so cheap and was one of the nicer hotels I have ever stayed at. Not close to town, but the shuttle will take you to the Bart station whenever you like. Located in a business park which is not close to any restaurants or stores. BUT...since the hotel is not as busy on the weekends The shuttle drove us to a nearby restaraunt and picked us up when we were finished for free. It was like we had our own personal driver!If you stay out past the last BART the cab from Fisherman Wharf area was $40 but the money you save on the hotel makes up for that. DEFINITELY RECCOMEND if you are looking for a nice, inexpensive hotel and are willing to be outside of town in exchange. Perfect place if you are in town for a football game!

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank mariss23
Delaware, OH
Reviewed September 23, 2005

I was in town for a convention and had to stay out by the airport since downtown was full. If I had to do it again I would choose the Embassy or the Hampton just down the street (same Hilton family of hotels).

Room okay. High speed internet easy to use.

Pool was extremely small. Hard to swim laps.

Exercise room limited to basic treads and bikes.

Breakfast not included. Cost was about $9.99 plus tax. The others mentioned above include it.

Ate dinner at the resturant only once. Burger was excellent, but server was terrible. Did not get the beer I ordered before my meal until I was almost done with my meal.

I walked down to the Embassy the other two nights for dinner. Food was average but bar service and beer selection was good.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Very friendly staff. Free parking and internet. Cookies out in reception area every night. Good breakfast at hotel. Clean rooms. Lighting in bathroom somewhat dark. Sink only in bathroom. Easy on/off 101. Bank of America ATM right in front of hotel. Air conditioning worked fine. Never used indoor pool, but available if you like that type of exercise. Shuttle seemed to come regularly. Would recommend staying here, especially if you need an overnight before/after flight.

Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank ValidPassport
Reviewed March 16, 2005

Let me just start by saying I read reviews on here for an airport Hilton Garden Inn. When I checked the rate on the internet I called the hotel to make a direct reservation. The rude desk attendant said they never offer such a rate (there's was $30 higher). It turns out that I had called the Hilton Garden South Airport location instead of this location in South San Fransisco, also known as the NORTH Airport location.

I ended up staying at the North Location, and I can't imagine how the $30 per night for the South location could have made the stay any better. The staff was probably the friendliest of any hotel I've been to. They even set out freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with a dusting of powdered sugar!

Location is great. I felt totally safe in this business park area. Room had a fridge and microwave, although you will need to bring your own utensils.

Business center is top notch with two high speed internet computers and several print stations.

Note though, there are no restaurants within walking distance (unless you want to eat at the hotel), however, the friendly staff will be more than happy to give you directions to places within a 10 minute drive.

The only things that kept this from a perfect rating were uncomfortable bed comforters and a VERY limited TV channel lineup.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 24, 2004

Attempted rate switch at check-in to nearly double the booked rate. Clerk adjusted the booking in his computer when I presented a printout backing up my position, mumbling something about: "Well ... that's the way it came through ..."

The property itself was standard HGI experience - left too early to try breakfast. One note: it's been the only place I've ever had to sign a waiver allowing management to eject guests for unruly behavior!

• Stayed: January 2005
7  Thank Seajack
Reviewed September 16, 2004

We just returned from a 3 night stay here while our bathtub at home was being repaired. We got a great rate on priceline and we were not treated with any priceline discrimination at check-in. We requested a 1st floor room by the pool and Roxy was more than happy to give us our request. This was our first time staying at a HGI and I was very impressed. Our room was completely spotless, as was the rest of the Hotel. The fridge and micro were also a big plus, and maid did an excellent job at cleaning. The pool was a little smallish, but my son had a good time having it all to himself.
We ate at the restaurant twice. Lunch was resonably priced. Dinner was a little on the expensive side, but the food was good, and the waiters were attentive. Would definitely recommend this Hotel.

11  Thank ValMar1
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#3 of 27 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#2 of 27 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#19 of 27 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 27 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!