“Good, but website deceives”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We booked this hotel on Priceline only to find out later that we were not eligible for the free breakfast. The hotel's web site states "This Hilton Garden Inn is a San Francisco Airport hotel with breakfast...." and lists other complimentary amenities. When we checked in, we were told breakfast was additional ($12). When pressed, the receptionist apologized, but wouldn't agree that the site was misleading. Bottom line: if you book this hotel, don't assume breakfast is included.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joshua H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you have transportation to the city, this hotel is great because you do not have to pay $50 for parking like the city hotels and it is quiet and close to SFO. SFO has BART so that is an option into the city if you do not have a rental car. It was clean, close to the freeway and the city. Granted it is nice to stay in the city especially if you are a tourist, but if you want to save a little money and not be inconvenienced a great deal, stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joshua H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate it!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here when we first arrived, as we got in really late. We decided to stay here one additional night before moving to a downtown hotel, and it saved us a lot of money. Because of the airport shuttle that runs from 4:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. we were able to take the shuttle back to the airport, take the BART to downtown to catch our tour bus for an all day tour. We were hardly at the hotel, transportation was easy, so it definitely worth the savings. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was pleasant. Breakfast was not complimentary, and it was just O.K. It was buffet plus an omelet and waffle station. The next day I opted for free coffee and a smoothie drink they sell at their pantry. There is not much within walking distance of this hotel. Overall it was a good stay.

1  Thank Jennifer C

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The adjustable feature for mattress firmness did not work and gave me a stiff back. Adjustable beds in a hotel are a bad idea because they put the burden of comfort on the guest instead of the hotel. There is nothing more important then a hotel providing a good nights sleep.

1  Thank FiberStir

Thank you for your feedback, we strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all our guests and appreciate feedback such as yours which allows us to continue to improve.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We booked a small business meeting here (about 25 people). All attendees were happy with the hotel and amenities. The food was good at the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate it!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great location, close to airport away from the busy San Francisco and close to all amenities and easy drive to Fisherman's Wharf. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will return on our next visit to San Francisco.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in south San Francisco. As far as hotels go this was better-than-average and conveniently located that being said I had an interesting thing happened with the management at the front desk. The bed that I was given was one of the cool adjustable beds with a knob built into the side for adjusted softness. I got into bed and started to look for the knob and I realized that someone previously had ripped it out of the side of the bed leaving me with no controls and the bed at its maximum firmness. Not that big of an issue so I called down to the front desk hopeing that they would switch me to a different room. Instead I was told that being that I was only staying for one night and the hours that I was calling at they were unable to get a technician to my room before I would check out the next day and would no longer matter. Okay that was something I could deal with. fine, I have an uncomfortable bed big deal,I'm going to sleep and go home next day whatever. I contacted customer support when I got home only to have the management at this hotel state that they had actually sent a technician to my room and that I denied them access to my bed. Madness. I had was awarded a be my guest voucher from corporate so I have already been taking care of compensation wise. So I am not bitter but I've been called a liar and that bothers me. Anybody would lie to their boss if it benefited them bottom-line. And that's clearly what's happening with the staff at this hotel. They didn't do their job right and when confronted about it they made me look like a liar. I am not a liar. I am a man of honor. Unlike this staff and management at this hotel. Stay here or don't stay here that is not what I'm stating what you should do though is if you have any issues when staying here you need to document them to the best of your ability because in the long run they may just call you a liar.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wrathchild

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#13 of 28 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!