Stayed here with a buddy to watch a 49ers game. Picked it because the AAA rate was decent and I used my Hilton points for some free nights. **** A tip here is that when you arrive at the airport, you do have to call into the hotel for the shuttle to pick you up! We waited for about 10 minutes before realizing this, all lot of other hotels constantly just have shuttles coming, this one you have to call (there is a call box at the terminals).***** The shuttle was prompt, however, and drivers friendly. Too bad that breakfast is not complimentary, apparantly if you are an "Elite" member of the Hilton HHonors club you do get free vouchers.
The room was clean, beds were a bit soft for my taste, we have the 2 double beds room. Was spacious for a hotel room. Had a fridge which was good.
As far as location, we sometimes walked to the San Bruno BART station which was about a 20 minutes brisk walk through some industrial areas. We left safe enough to walk most of the time there. Alternatively, we took the shuttle back to the airport and took the BART from there. HOWEVER, you pay a premium to take the BART from the airport and the trip to downtown San Francisco will costs you roughly $16 round trip to do so. From San Bruno, it is more like $8 roundrtrip. Which ever you choose, it is in an OK location if you don't plan to stay around the hotel much.
Staff was welcoming and helpful, although it seemed like we knew more about the BART and Caltrain system then they did. Was great service when we ate breakfast one day.
The gym is typical for a hotel, small and old equipment, same with the pool and hot tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North is conveniently located off highway 101, just two miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and provides easy access north to San Francisco and south to Silicon Valley. Travelers appreciate the complimentary shuttle service to SFO airport, and the nearby BART and CalTrain stations that connect you to the area's top destinations including AT&T Park, the Cow Palace, and Candlestick Park. This hotel provides the service and amenities to make it one of the top San Francisco Airport hotels by offering renovated guest rooms with free WiFi, Hilton's signature Garden Sleep System(R) bedding, flat-screen HD TVs, and in-room microwaves and mini-fridges. Guests also appreciate the onsite restaurant, the Great American Grille, which serves up a delicious combination of American favorites for breakfast and dinner. The brand new meeting rooms also offer the perfect place to conduct your next San Francisco business meeting, and provide flexible meeting space with complimentary WiFi, state-of-the-art A/V equipment, and a maximum capacity of 100 people. Choose the newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, and enjoy the terrific location with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel South San Francisco
- Hilton South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hilton