“Comfortable, clean and friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maui, Hawaii
“Comfortable, clean and friendly”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The front desk could not have been more friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the location great for an intermediary stop between Hawaii and France. We walked the walking path next to the bay prior to our overnight flight out.
We unfortunately left a wallet in the shuttle bus to the airport, when I contacted the front desk of the hotel via cell phone, they immediately called the shuttle company and were instrumental in getting the wallet returned to us at the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WahineHanapepe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Northern California
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Surpassed expectations. Staff was genuinely friendly, personable and helpful. Room was very comfortable. Hotel was spotlessly clean. Made to order breakfast was great. Only downside is the location if you are visiting the City of San Fran. For airport it is great. Highly recommend this hotel. The location is industrial, boring but just under the freeway on Grand there are many nice restaurants, shops, etc. Weekend rates are high.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gl0bal_guru
Carson, California
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Becarfull, they bill you without your knowledge 177$ instead of 89 $ as they calim as authorized billing it will show in your bank account, then won't tell you there is 50$ safety room deposite.
and if you like to have breakfast it would cost you 15$ which is bad breakfast almost as paying for lunch

finally it is very far fron city not worth it

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank manhattan098
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stay here frequently for business as my company is across the street. The hotel is old and the rooms clean, yet out of date. But the difference in hotels is the service, and this one is severely lacking! The front desk could care less about you. Even though I stay here quite a bit, they barely know who I am or recognize me. But I am not surprised because their General Manager (Keith, don't know last name) is rude and lacks basic service skills himself! It's gotten to the point where I have asked my company to consider switching hotels, even though it would mean I have to walk further to work. Choose wisely, there are a few hotels next door.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank redstateGuy
hgisfoanmanager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience as a frequent guest of our hotel. I am troubled to learn that you have found me to be rude and our staff uncaring, and I would very much like to converse with you about how I might make amends. Please call me at 650-872-1515, or send me an email to keith.wesselmann@hilton.com, at your convenience.

It is my belief that, as a frequent guest of our hotel, you deserve to be recognized and rewarded for your loyalty and made to feel as comfortable as when you’re at home. I am terribly sorry for falling so far short of this standard, and I am determined to make this a reality for you right away.

Keith Wesselmann
Azusa, California
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My brother and I participated in the Bay to Breakers run this weekend. We are procrastinators and needed to find a hotel room for our family (5 adults total) approximately two weeks prior to the race. Using our AAA discount on various websites, we found this hotel the cheapest and most highly rated among travelers... now I know why!

Our flight from SFO came in a bit early - approximately 8 am, but they were able to accommodate us quite early. We reserved two rooms, and they were able to put us across the hall from each other. They had adjoining rooms available but just not at the time we checked in. Although they offered to place us in adjoining rooms later that day, it wasn't too big of a deal to us.

Right away, we noticed the abundance of well-lit parking. Although the Hilton Garden Inn shares a parking lot with another hotel, Larkspur Landing Suites, there was enough parking for everyone. We even came home at approximately 3 a.m. from a wild night in the city, and there was still plenty of parking.

Immediately after walking through the front doors, we noticed that the hotel was extremely clean, and there was COFFEE!!!! They have free coffee (regular and decaf) and hot water with an assortment of tea bags ALL THE TIME! This was an excellent start to our relationship with this hotel after being up since 3 a.m. that morning to catch a 6:30 flight.

The reception staff were very friendly, funny, and accommodating. Let's just say that we asked for the most random thing - a band aid, and they brought it up almost immediately without any expectation for a tip (unlike other hotels).

The hallways have been remodeled - very trendy but subtle stripes and paisley. The rooms were immaculate, and the bathrooms were spotless. There were Neutrogena brand soap and toiletries, which was a nice touch especially because I myself am very sensitive to fragrances.

It was initially cold in our room, but the digital thermometer allowed us to find a temperature we could all enjoy. There were a microwave, coffee maker, and a small refrigerator available in each room, which was convenient for late night snacks and water.

The beds were cozy and comfortable, and the noise from the airport was minimal. Since it was only a 5-minute drive to SFO and a 15 minutes from the city, this was honestly SUCH a great deal. We didn't have to pay more for a comparable hotel room in the city, parking was free, rooms were a good size with FREE cable and internet access, and we enjoyed a cup of java every morning and evening. In addition, they had cookies available at the front desk as a light snack during the early evening.

Although we didn't use them this weekend, there is a restaurant, fitness center, and swimming pool available if desired! Overall, we were EXTREMELY happy with this hotel room, and I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank beelovestravel
South Haven, Michigan
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I am a fan of Hilton Hotels in general and Hilton Garden Inn's in particular. But this one fell short. Six of us on vacation shared three rooms here and we all had the same impression: this hotel is in need of updating. Our previous four nights in northern California were spent at Hampton Inn's which were heads above this Hilton Garden Inn. The beds here were uncomfortable (and doubles, not queens). Rooms were small and cramped, bathrooms very small and showing their age. I had to clean toothpaste off the picture hung in the bathroom--yuck! The business center had only one working computer. I turned in my rental car and asked the front desk clerk if the shuttle could pick me up--only at the airport terminal which was inconvenient but understandable. I got to the terminal and called for the shuttle--5 minutes. 15 minutes later I called again--5 minutes. Finally after the third call, a rattletrap shuttle bus came--40 minutes after my first call! Meanwhile the Hilton Garden Inn-Burlingame bus came past four times. That's where I'll stay on my next trip.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.