“Bring in the wrecking ball”
Review of Hotel V

Hotel V
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Where to begin..the phone did not work, the chair looked as if it was chewed by a junkyard dog, the light shades were cracked , and yellowed. The bathroom was one step below what I had in Afghanistan..shower sucked, towels were old worn and not clean. After a 12 hour flight I wanted to eat and relax but nooooooo because there was no where to eat or get a drink close and the one place the staff recommended closed ten minutes before I got into my room. All of the above was brought to the attention of the night and day staff who said they would tell someone about it. The worst part was I used my reward points to book this piece of crap and I will never get those back. Wyndam needs to shut this place down or not offer it to the Gold members...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Afghanpeacekeeper
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Afghanpeacekeeper :

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the item you encountered during your previous stay with us. I was distressed to learn of this incident. We have always taken great pride in our housekeeping staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. In this instance, we have failed to meet our own high standards and for that I sincerely apologize.

I have met with our housekeeping staff and informed them of your experience so we may take steps to ensure that there are no further incidents. While there is nothing I can say or do to alter your recent experience I would like to invite you to a future stay in our renovated rooms. I would like you to contact me and I will provide a full refund on your Wyndham points during your last stay with us. Being a Wyndham Gold member, we strive for the highest guest satisfaction. You mentioned you had also stayed with us recently in May, I was unfortunately able to pull up your reservation. I hope that you will continue to allow us to be your host. I hope that you enjoy this opportunity to receive your credit of points back to you. .

Thank you again for taking the time and effort to let us know about the problems you experienced. Be assured that we will utilize your observations to prevent such problems in the future. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me.

Best regards,

Tel: (650) 589-9055

Reviewed May 1, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Second time I've stayed the past yr when flying out of SFO. Clean, comfy bed, a few blemishes, but a good deal. Might negotiate a price with HoJo directly, or shop online for the best deal. Free wifi, and you can park for $7/day while you're away, and catch free shuttle to the airport (+tip the driver). Breakfast is so so but free - toast, hard boiled egg, cereal, so so fruit, coffee (no decaf), juice. Really nice staff. Don't forget to tip the housekeeper.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments regarding our properties cleanliness and the helpfulness of our staff.
We strive to provide all of our guests with genuine Wyndham Hospitality! I am also happy that you enjoyed our Howard Johnson Inn South SFO location and were able to check out all the wonderful amenities we have to offer, locally in distance to SFO, downtown shops, to fantastic dining and nightlife within walking distance! We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the SFO area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Howard Johnson Inn Hotel

Reviewed April 22, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Reviewed April 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Park, stay and fly option here is a good one. Their free airport shuttle runs 4am til midnite, but i arrived at the airport after midnite, so there was no shuttle...but the hotel manager called to check up on me, and then offered to drive to the airport and pick me up and take me to the hotel (since i was staying the night there at the end of my trip). a nice room and my car awaited me there...all so very appreciated!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, JackM. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and welcome as possible and we're thrilled to hear about your experience upon arrival. It's wonderful to hear that you received the 'royal' treatment you deserve! Providing helpful, attentive service is our highest priority so we are ecstatic that you found our staff to be prompt and professional during your recent stay. Our team here at the Howard Johnson Inn South San Francisco really enjoys taking care of our guests, so I will be sure to pass along your compliments.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#17 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hotel V? Share your experiences!