“Great”
Review of Hotel V

Hotel V
Reviewed October 20, 2007

My family of 5 stayed in this hotel for what was the end of a big trip. We decided to stay outside of SF due to cost and we were not disappointed. The airport shuttle they offered was great, from there we took the subway into SF. The desk clerk was very familiar with the area and made it much easier for us. Our room was fine, we were not in it much.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2007

Planned to use the park & fly package the night before we left for our honeymoon to save a little money. First, they wanted us to leave our car keys in a little envelope with our name on it. I wasn't into that idea, but I took the envelope and went to the room. We walked in and I almost just walked right back out and drove away. My husband talked me into toughing it out. After checking out the dirty towels and hairy bathroom I was terrified to see what was under the covers. Needless to say, we slept in our clothes. Our neighbors and their 4 children were up until 11pm screaming and running around & smoking outside our room. Every time they slammed their door I jumped thinking someone was coming in our room. I told the front desk I wouldn't leave my keys, he said that was fine. The next morning I noticed old bubbles in the bathtub. It was very easy to see it hadn't been cleaned. The towels were stained so bad I decided to get a beach towel out of the car. So...finally its time to get out of there! We go outside 15 minutes before the scheduled shuttle bus. We wait....wait...30 minutes go by and no shuttle bus. We have a plane to catch! Two families were waiting outside the locked office 30 minutes after it was supposed to be open. Finally someone comes and unlocks the door and then dissapears. A few minutes later I go in to see where the shuttle might be. I rang the bell...no one came. We decided we really didn't want to leave our car there anyway and we didn't have time to deal with it so we left. I just called to see about getting a refund for the parking & shuttle fee, after a lot of trouble I finally got a "give me your number & I'll get back to you". Not a fun start to our honeymoon!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisaphin
Reviewed December 22, 2006

Want to ruin your vacation? Here's a good start. Fraudulent charges, promised refund not delivered, calls not returned. The desk clerk could not take his eyes off my young-adult son's girlfriend. On flimsy pretexts, until late at night, he repeatedly called their room, once suggesting the young woman come down to the office. My son repeatedly -- and finally angrily -- told him to stop calling and leave them alone. Next morning, because of the clerk's error (or deliberately) they were charged for two nights when they stayed only one. When my wife and I intervened, the clerk promised to process a refund but refused to give us the credit receipt. Later, he processed the false charge instead of the promised refund. Two months of unreturned phone calls later...no refund. This outfit is shabby from top to bottom -- from the desk person, to the hotel manager, to the top customer relations person in San Diego. Note that they have a negative rating at the Better Business Bureau, and consider yourself warned.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank DrDAlaska
Reviewed December 14, 2006

The manager/front desk was rather strange. The room okay for overnight, new paint, unfinished renovation. The breakfast minimal. If I had a choice, I would not stay there again.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank gwanma
Reviewed August 8, 2006

We are from Europe and wanted to book a hotel from home to have a bed for the first three nights in the US. Due to the mostly positive reviews here, we chose Howard Johnson South San Francisco.
Overall, it was okay, but there are some bad points too: the hotel cost 400 $ for 3 nights, which is definitely too much. breakfast was simple, they had cake and coffee, but there is an IHOP nearby. The room was clean, but one of the sheet had stains on it and the surface felt sticky. The a/c did work, although it was very loud. We had a room on the upper floor, and there was some kind of hole (might have been a fan?) in the ceiling. The freeway is next to the hotel, and also the airport, so we heard cars and planes all night long. Closing the door to the bathroom didn´t help much. Internet access is wireless, but it didn´t work the first day. When we complained at the front desk, the woman said the only thing she could do is to turn on our phone (which has nothing to do with wireless internet access in my opinion), but it didn´t help. The second day, internet access worked, we don´t know why. TV worked, there was a microwave and a fridge. Bathroom was clean.

I wouldn´t stay here again, because it was simply not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winodino84
A TripAdvisor Member
Fresno, CA
Reviewed April 27, 2006

We were supposed to stay here for one night before flying out to the East Coast. We had made a reservation for their "park and fly" rate. When we arrived we were informed we had to leave our car keys with them while we were gone for a week. We were not previously informed of this, and were not willing to leave our car keys. We waited around to speak with the manager, VIJAY, who is terrible!!! He informed us that they required everyone to leave their car keys so they could move the cars to a different area. We said we were not able to leave the keys, and decided to stay across the street where they didn't require this. VIJAY was hard headed and not willing to compromise, and still charged us when we didn't even stay at the hotel!!! Horrible customer service. Since when do hotels require you to leave your keys, not inform you of it, and then charge you when you decide to go elsewhere!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Prairie TX
Reviewed February 24, 2006

The outside of this hotel is not very attractive and the rooms have the standard hotel decoration. I was pleasantly surprised by my room though. My room was very clean and even though I was put in a smoking room it didn't smell like smoke at all. The door was a little difficult to close but I felt safe and was comfortable during my 3 night stay. Saturday night parking was a little difficult to find. It was the cheapest place I could find and had free parking.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#17 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hotel V? Share your experiences!