Travelodge San Francisco Airport North
Humboldt, CA
“Loud!”
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I'm used to budget motels, and wasn't surprised by the appearance or the room - it was a budget motel. The real problem was the noise. The walls were paper thin and I could hear everything in the next room. Worse yet, it's right next to a freeway and there was road noise, plus it's very close to the airport and under the flight path, so there was constant plane noise. I barely slept.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Noise problems
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
LA, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at this motel mid-July of 2007 for 5 days. At first we picks this motel cause it was close to downtown and it wasn't expensive. We would rather spend more on other stuff than at a fancy hotel. Well, we decided to book the suite with the King size bed with micro/frig. Huge room, big bed, as a matter of fact, they even have sofa bed (just in case u have guests, I guess) . The housekeeping is great, we got clean sheets and towels every day. Bathroom was spacious, good enough bathtub and shower, lighting was ok.

The staff was polite and the place is pretty peaceful. Parking was very convenience, we parked our car right outside of our room. The wireless internet was fast and reliable! Both my boyfriend and I brought our laptop, and neither of us had a problem going online. The IHOP next door open 24 hours a day, which was very convenient, since I am the kind of person that love to snack. N they have a Chevron right next door too, which was great; since we only fuel up @ Chevron!

In general, my experience with this motel is quite awesome. I will definately stay there again if we decide to go up north again.

• Liked — clean and quiet room
  • Disliked — Very limited TV channels
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wildimportgal
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We only stayed here one night and I'm so glad it wasn't any longer. I would have forfeited my money and went elsewhere. We had 3 rooms booked and because of an error in booking we ended up with 3 smoking rooms. Now I don't now if the non-smoking rooms are better but...
Out of the three rooms only one of the toilets worked. 2 were blocked and we had to go into another room if we needed to go. The rooms were dirty with a bad smell (but probably from the cigarettes) and the fly screens on the windows were ripped and the window didn't lock. I wasn't leaving anything in the room. We weren't given enough towels and when we asked at reception for more they have none left! The wi-fi was not working until I went and complained at reception and then 20 minutes later I was disconnected again. The coke machine was not working and took my money and when I went to tell the staff they said they were not their problem, that they were run by an independent company. Speaking of the staff they were very unhelpful with everything and not very friendly. I have stayed in hostels before that have been of better quality. I would never recommend this "hotel" to anyone or ever stay here again. I would rather sleep in the street or better yet in the airport!!

• Liked — When I got to leave
  • Disliked — the blocked toilet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
IL
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I booked this hotel, only coz the website said free breakfast. But I was shocked when I was told at the fron lobby, that I cannot get breakfast bcoz mine was an internet rate. Only customers that pay full price can get breakfast.
The rooms were in a OK condition. Parking was a big problem, and the staff was not all that friendly.

• Stayed July 2007
Alameda, CA
Reviewed June 21, 2007

I read some reviews here after I booked this hotel and was scared! However, the room was clean, not smokey, large, the bed was OK. The bathroom was pretty tiny and shower pressure wasn't that great but certainly nothing terrible. Parking was convenient and cheap for the area. The shuttle was convenient and seems to run pretty frequently by SFO. I wouldn't book here for pleasure but if I had an early am flight (as I did this time), I would be OK staying here again.

• Liked — location to SFO
  • Disliked — bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Facing facts we booked this place because it was cheap, but it's cheap for a reason.

The room was in a serious need of renovations, there was chewing gum on the carpet and the bathroom was in an poor state.

The bedroom was a good size but at the cost of a tiny bathroom. It was at least fairly quiet despite being very close to the airport and interstate.

What really annoyed us was the breakfast con. I wish I had read the previous reviews on this website which points out however many guest per room it's ONE coupon per room for ONE breakfast from a rather uninspiring selection at the IHOP, drink NOT included. Poor. This was particularly bad as we paid extra to get the breakfast, and in hindsight more than the breakfast was worth. Ended up paying for an additional breakfast each and then went back to the room to make coffee. Just left feeling cheated.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
los Angeles, CA
Reviewed May 26, 2007

Other than the fact that it is old, there was nothing "wrong" with this motel or our stay. At the rate we got, it would be difficult to complain about anything. Basically, it allowed us a 3-night stay in SF, for the same price most other places charged per night. We decided we would rather spend our money in San Francisco, not on the hotel. Also, it was not a far drive to downtown SF at all.

With that said, it was clean, quiet, and the staff was EXTREMELY helpful. Coming from LA, we were very unfamiliar with SF, and the people at the front desk were always ready to help and never impatient.

The room did have everything we needed, nothing more, nothing less. The bathroom smelled of cigarettes, and the room could use some updating, but like I said-- for the price we paid, it was no problem.

I would stay here again if I got the same low rate.

• Liked — Cheap rate, clean room
  • Disliked — Could use updating
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple