“Mold on every wall, bodily fluid on the floor”

Travelodge San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed March 1, 2007

This was the worst hotel I've ever seen in the USA. First, I will say that the staff was friendly and I should have given them an opportunity to move us to another room. But I just assumed all the rooms were about equal, so I didn't bother. There was mold on just about every wall. (I have pictures to prove it! Check them out.) The mattress literally was tearing apart on one side. There appeared to be a certain bodily fluid on the floor between the beds. I can only imagine what that was, and I wish I could forget! This was not a pleasant experience. Glad we had only booked one night!

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank Stargirljen

Reviewed February 10, 2007

We booked lodging via Cheaprooms.com at the Travelodge SanFrancisco Airport (North), located on 326 S. Airport Blvd.

The advertisement stated "Full Breakfast Provided". When we asked the night clerk about breakfast coupons, he indicated we would need to wait until the morning to receive the coupons. Travelodge does not provide breakfast at the hotel, the coupons are used at the nearby IHOP.

We were told by the Travelodge representative only one breakfast coupon is provided. The total number of our party was two. When we questioned "one coupon" and told him our booking advertised “breakfast included” , we were told there is "nothing I can do". Actually the Travelodge representative was rude and arrogantt.

I have until this occurrence never been told by a hotel breakfast that only one breakfast is provided. Our booking was one night, two people to occupy the room.

We ended up using the coupon we were provided at the IHOP next door. We mentioned to the IHOP staff we didn't understand why Travelodge only provided one coupon, and they quickly responded "this is a frequent complaint" they hear about the Travelodge Airport North.

While the amount of the breakfast was a small amount, the larger issue is that free breakfast is advertised as being provided, it does not indicate breakfast for one or any limited numbers or caveats.

Any traveler to this hotel should be forewarned this hotel does not provide more than one breakfast coupon, so if your booking with two or more individuals only one coupon is provided.

Thanks,
Cowbo72957@aol.com

2  Thank ManyTravels101
Reviewed January 17, 2007

Room was clean & comfortable. Internet costs per day and is in small lobby, access with credit card only. IHOP on property, not much else around if no car. Bus stop across street. Great shuttle service & drivers. Used shuttle to get back & forth to BART at the airport. Pool closed already (early Nov). Very large shower, no tub. Quiet where we were. Not much selection on TV, hotel info was out-of-date on their tv channel. Pleasant stay of a week. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank amyalaska
Reviewed November 13, 2006

Thin walls, can hear every noise in all adjoining rooms. No internet in rooms. Internet extra $10 extra per day and only available in the small lobby. Everything worn down. Mold in showers. Definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed November 8, 2006

This hotel is actually OK. We stayed here for 1 night on our way home from Hawaii. Its about 10mins from SFO airport and about $10 in a taxi. The rooms are fairly large, although they are basic and in need of upgrading, but they seemed clean enough. They also provide a free shuttle service to the airport which we found very helpful. It also has a nice restaurant next door which is open 24hours. Im not sure id stay here again, though I'd recommend this place to budget travellers or for a short term stay as its very cheap.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2006

I stayed at this hotel on 13 Oct 2006 as it offered an airport shuttle service. Our room had a disgusting smell but as we had alot of luggage and no transport, we decided to stay for the night. This was a huge mistake as I tossed and turned all night, when I got up in the morning I was covered with bites. These bites have now turned into large welts all over my body. They are extremely itchy! I cant believe that a place like this is allowed to continue to do business. I have lodged a complaint with Travelodge but I genuinely feel that this place should be closed down! It is not fit for humans.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lindacuk
Reviewed October 3, 2006

Travelodge doesn't have highspeed Internet in rooms. Dialup service only and they charge 75 cents per connection, plus 10 cents a minute after 20 minutes.

Motel setup is convenient if you like to park directly in front of your door. IHOP next door is convenient and open 24 hours. Lack of Internet and high charge for local calls means I won't be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2006