“Not a place to stay for more than one night”

Travelodge San Francisco Airport North
American Canyon, California
“Not a place to stay for more than one night”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

My review is based on my overnight stay at this one to two star hotel and I am not comparing it to four to five star hotels. Our main purpose to stay here was just an overnight stay.

The Good
The price was very nice and near San Francisco Airport. Travelodge participates in paying for one night and parking your car for free while you fly. This saves on the cost of parking for long trips. IHOP is next door and open 24 hours. There is a shuttle that will take you to and from the airport. The room was spacious and the staff person was friendly.

The Bad
Noisy! The location of the hotel/motel, is adjacent to a major California Highway (Hwy 101). Unfortunately our room was near the highway which made sleeping rough. I heard every car and truck on the highway. I would not stay here unless you are on a serious budget, a college student who doesn't care where you stay if the price is right, or just spending a night to catch a plane. Definitely not a place for families.

Fixtures are outdated which is typical of one to two star places, they were in working order in our room however the shower could use a serious upgrade. My spouse called this place a nightmare. LOL. The room was fairly clean but in a need for an overhaul.

Overall
Travelodge served its purpose of a one night stay, but I would not recommend staying longer than that. For the low price, I got what I paid for and the noise from Hwy 101 reminded me of that fact.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
YUba city
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband, 5 month old daughter and I decided to stay here after a long flight and let me tell you this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, the discriptions of the hotel on the website where nowhere close to being true. Our room was extremly cold, our heater and air conditioner was broke. We had to trun on the shower and left it running the whole night to stay warm. The night lamps next to the beds didnt work, no refridgerator in the room. The continental breakfast was only toast! The check out time on the website says 12:00, lucky for me we called and found out it was 11! I would of had to of payed for another night. When we called the lobby to tell them about the heater, the ladies up from where playing with the phone, hanging up on us or leaving it on the desk so we could hear them laughing. After calling up front 11 times we went up there to check out, we had enough! they dont bill you till you check out so of couse the bill came to much more than they had quoted us when the keys where haned to us, about $50.00 more......I will never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jondyalec
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I stayed for one night. I had an early flight and did not want to drive in the morning. The service was very friendly. The line to check in was long when I arrived, but the front desk was very fast and I did not have to wait long. Check out was even faster. The hotel and the rooms are a little older looking, but they were clean. I slept well in my king size bed and was ready for my flight the next day. I am not a big breakfast person, but it was nice to be able to grab a cup of coffee, orange juice and a banana in the morning before flight. The airport shuttle was on time and I was at the airport in minutes. This hotel worked perfectly for me. Everyone was friendly. The price was right. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to catch an early flight or wants a good price with good service in this area.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Arrived in the evening, the place didn´t feel safe. Long way to go with suitcases (at least we didn´t get a room near the busy street). The room was not clean. The furniture was worn out, and some broken. The carpet was so unclean that you had to wear shoes not to become black on your socks. Beds not confortable. The rooms needs to be rebuilt and some new towels and bedsheets. Near airport, decent price with a small breakfast included - this is good, but I can´t recommend the rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed April 27, 2010

For $40 a night within spitting distance of SFO how can anyone complain? I would absolutely positively stay here again if I needed a bed near the airport for a night. Check-in was pleasant and efficient. Room cleanliness and amenities were well within the acceptable range for the price paid. The only complaint I can make is that the WiFi was real spotty, and when working was really slow.

Kettle Falls, Washington
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Upon checking out they demanded I pay for a long distance telephone call I did not make. When I got home I looked up the call and it was to the local Expedia office in Atlanta. If I had to call them I would have used the toll-free customer service number. I had no choice but to pay the extortion in order to get out of there and to the airport. Do not stay in this hotel unless you want to get ripped off.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I had to take a passenger to SFO for a 1:30AM flight, so we checked in in the afternoon, and took a nap before going to the airport. The room was clan and quiet. NO problems with the room although it was well worn. Very Convenient to the San Francisco International Airport.

The only problem I encountered was after I dropped off my spouse for her flight and returned to the hotel to rest before my trip back to Nevada, was that there were so many people parked that I had to park two building away from my room when I returned at 2:00AM. Not good for a handicapped individual. Poor parking control here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple