“Value for money”

Travelodge San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed October 18, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had to book a last minute stay here near the airport due to the threat of the BART strike. Money was a concern, as I hadn't budgeted an extra hotel room. When I called the property, the front desk person quoted me a price of $84. I hung up, and immediately found a room online for $68 instead (incl. taxes). The ONLY benefit to this hotel is the free shuttle to and from the airport. If I'd known how bad this hotel was, I'd have found a way to pay the extra $50 to stay somewhere a little nicer. Be warned!

The shuttle comes every 30 mins. I arrived at the airport stop 12:17AM to see my shuttle stopped in front of the pick-up area. I ran towards it, waving my arms... he left. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't see me, but MAN! Not fun waiting till 12:48AM for the next one. Finally arriving at the hotel, I found out I was placed in building 7. Building 7 is literally the equivalent of 5 blocks away, and you have to traverse through several very dimly lit parking lots in order to get to it. Now, I don't fault them for placing me in that room, as I did book late. However, as a young single woman traveling alone, I felt VERY unsafe walking to my room. It would have been lovely had the front desk person either offered me something closer or offered to have someone walk me to my room (I'd think they'd have security on a property like this?!), but no.

A lot of this I could overlook if the room at least was decent, but sadly, it wasn't. I mean, I wasn't expecting a Four Seasons (or even a Days Inn!!), but seriously... this hotel was just gross. Bugs in the bathroom. Jail-cell lighting. Bathroom and carpet didn't look clean... I kept on my socks the entire time. Walls were so thin that I could hear the guy in the adjacent room peeing. The pillows were square- like small couch throw pillows- and super lumpy and old. Not normal sleeping pillows. The toilet kept making strange noises every 10 mins or so... all. night. long. Almost sounded like a "sigh"... but didn't seem to be correlated to anyone using the water, as it was a regular occurrence. Plumbing issues meant pipes were banging in the wall throughout the night.n Even the curtains were so thin that if you used the A/C, they'd blow up instead of staying shut. The coffee machine still had water in the reservoir from the last time it was used. Seriously- I work in hospitality, and worked in a hotel for 2 years. I'm generally pretty easy going... I don't expect a lot from this type of property, but even with lowered expectations, I was disgusted.

Super afraid that I've carried either lice or bedbugs back with me.

Definitely not worth it. Spend a little more and upgrade. Trust me!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room thru another travel website and got a very good rate. If i had to pay the $129 a night as advertised i would not be happy. It is only 10 minutes from the airport which is very convenient.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and I did not wait more than 10 minutes to check in. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was very clean as well. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Dennis J. N

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The maid service would knock and come in even with the "DO NOT DISTURB sign in the door. Plus my personal property wa.s taken from room

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hotel V
Hotel V
#11 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco
1 mi away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel

Been to Travelodge San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!