“Money is the game”

Travelodge San Francisco Airport North
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Of course, I usually am afraid to read hotel reviews before I go because for every 3 people that liked it, there are 5 who give it a horrid review. So I have to admit that I was leery when I stayed at this Travelodge. The location is very close to airport and convenient. The rooms are adequate. It's an older hotel but for the price, the value is good. The staff seemed pretty nice and I thought that the cleaning staff did a great job of cleaning the room. I was impressed to find that certain details that budget motels usually forget were not at this Travelodge. All in all, I would recommend this hotel. If you want luxury, this is definitely not it but if you would like to stay somewhere that is inexpensive in an expensive city, then this would be a good bet for you.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank operagirl612

Reviewed November 15, 2007

I needed a place to stay in between up here before I started a new job.

I got the room from priceline for $29 a night. Dirt cheap. Free shuttle to the airport and as someone mentioned, next to an ihop if you don't have a car or anything.

The first night I arrived, I checked out the room and they gave me a smoker's room. I had to go back to the front desk to tell them that I wasn't a smoker. For one night, maybe. But I was staying on for a weak and a half. Fortunately, the person at the front desk was kind enough to change it to a non-smoking room.

It is a very convenient location. But the rooms are in a terrible condition. My toilet would not stop filling up in the tank, so it made a lot of noise.

If you want a cheap place to stay and are not concerned with amenities, then this is the place. Personally, I now regret not staying at one of the hostels. They are just as cheap and much higher in quality than this place.

Live and learn...

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We used Hotwire & paid $38 per night ($45 with taxes and fees) & it was good value based on this price. Convenient, close to freeway & airport, clean enough, ok room. Downside is that it's somewhat noisy being right next to the freeway. This is nothing fancy, but if you just need a room for a night or two, it's just fine (particularly if you can get it for this price!)

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank DRSouthern
Reviewed November 6, 2007

This hotel is easily the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. We stayed there in early October 2007, this was mainly due to the 55 per night price. Upon arrival at reception there was a gentleman tryiing to book and was informed that it was sold out. So it hought maybe this is alright. How wrong I was.

Our room was located nearly 1/2 mile away from reception and foolishly to save a few bucks did not accept a bag handler to assist especially as our room was on the second level and there are no lifts, so carting 5 luggage was not pleasant.

Our room stunk of cigarettes especially as I requested non smoking. My wife was laying on top of the bed next to mine and discovered ear ring remnrants on top of the bed. The facilities were aged, it was noisy from both the airplanes and the freeway next door.

We could not sleep on the sheets and slept on the 2nd layer as we were afraid of the condition of the sheets and finally I got bitten by bed bugs on my neck for the first time in my life.

I could not wait to get out of there.

People if you are wondering about this hotel, consider strongly at spending 20 or 30 extra and stay somewhere a bit more descent than this.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2007

We had two rooms for our family, and both were a clean, comfortable place to sleep. Our luggage was delivered ahead of us, because we were bumped off our flight, and the hotel kept our bags in a locked room. For $40/night per room from Orbitz, we got exactly what we wanted. The IHop next door had slow service, but the food, while pricey, was well-prepared.

We were able to log into free WiFi from our room, without the hassle of passwords.

We could have easily spent twice as much... but why?

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We have stayed twice at the SFO Travelodge Airport North as we got a bargain rate on hotwire ($43) & wanted to pay as little as possible to stay near the airport to catch an early flight.
The shuttle bus runs regularly & from early in the morning. It's not the Ritz, but for $43, it's great value. At least there's a coffee maker, unlike some 3 star hotels I've stayed in recently & paid much more for. I've already booked 2 more stays for Dec & Jan to get early morning flights & would recommend this to people who want somewhere cheap & near the airport. There's an IHOP on the site & a McDonalds across the road so if you don't like greasy food it might be best to eat before you arrive. I've just booked 3 nights at the Mayflower Renaissance in Washington for $409 per night plus tax (my company is paying & they insist I stay there) so I'll expect more luxury, but as I keep saying I think for $43 this place is fine.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2007

My husband and son stayed here for 3 nights in August. Both said was the worst hotel they've ever stayed in. Very run-down, terrible beds, bad lighting in bathroom and only a few channels on the TV. Room was very small and carpets stained.
All in all, not really that cheap so should have paid just a few dollars more and stayed somewhere else. I booked the hotel based on the photos on their site-obviously the photos are outdated!
Listen to the reviewers-don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2007