“Still my FAVORITE sandwich place, hands down!”

Little Lucca Sandwich Shop
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Everyone has their go-to sandwich shop, but in my opinion, this is my absolute favorite! Turkey on soft sweet bread with every thing on it, especially their special sauce.. LOVE IT!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My pastrami sandwich was HUGE! There was so much meat in it.
I like the special sauce that was smeared on the bread. My wheat bread was nice and soft. The line is usually long here, but it moves pretty fast since they have quite a few people making sandwiches. This place has been here a long time and I will keep coming back.

1  Thank dermaflo69
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Go here, get a warm sandwich, and then prepare to be in a food coma! Wow, is all i can say. The hot sandwich i got was HUGE, and very tasty! Not pricey, not pretentious, just a tiny little hut, with lot's of huge flavorful foods inside. Enjoy!

1  Thank LarBearSSF-CA
Reviewed December 20, 2011

When I first started coming to Little Lucca's, I was quite young, and now since I have grown in my years, I have been coming here when ever I have a chance, which is like once every week!!! ;-) The place looks like a little hole in the wall and would surprise you that a business even runs out of this place, but let me tell you, fantastic prices and fantastic tasting sandwiches!!!! I wish they would open a shop in the middle of downtown San Francisco!!!! (I'll be a silent partner)!!

The staff is very friendly and really try to get you in and out as fast as they can, after 11:30am, line out the door and to the street. Bread is always nice and fresh and portions are really good, sometimes a little too much but hey, it is totally worth it! My favorite is the good old Lucca's Ultimate, best of four worlds and you have to have all of the sauces and condiments (no pickle on mine though, allergic to that stuff), if you happen to be eating outside, go with the Meatball sandwich......mmmmmmmmmm, meatball sandwich!!!!

I have brought many friends and co-workers to this place in South San Francisco and never have I ever had a complaint, If you are in the area, stop by and buy yourself a hell of a good tasting sandwich!!!!

1  Thank Gil Z
Reviewed November 30, 2011

So, I don't eat meat and therefore don't expect much from your average sandwich shop, especially one located in a small house on the side of the road. My friend's co-worker recommended Little Lucca so we gave it a shot. We were happy we did! The bread is soft, but firm enough to hold the huge sandwiches they serve here. They offered a choice of different types of bread. I went with the seeded roll which was liberally covered in sesame, sun flower and poppy seeds. I ordered a veggie which was taken from great to awesome by the addition of (a full half of a perfect) avocado and the house garlic sauce. My friend and my boyfriend ordered the club and the southwestern bbq special on the dutch crunch roll. Those two talked about those sandwiches for days. Do not order a sandwich at Little Lucca's without that garlic sauce! Also, the cashier was really enthusiastic about the sandwiches and even checked on us as we were enjoying our sandwiches at one of the back yard picnic tables.

1  Thank Not_from_here617