“Satisfactory Stay”
Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a well renovated 80 year old Motel on a pivotal corner in the San Francisco Bay area. The staff was very friendly and the location behind a Carl's Junior/gas station/car wash/convience store was MOST convenient and did not pose any where near the problem we thought it would. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The bath was obviously recently renovated and well appointed. The water pressure (especially the shower), on the other hand, left some to be desired.... and the water tastes BAD (bottled water is recommended for anything you have to put in your mouth). Will book there again when we are in the area and would recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Higher number rooms are away from the gas station part and quieter. Good coffee in the convenience...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights. Although not central it was easy access to the BART to get into the city. Units are clean and serviced daily. Fridge wasn't working when we got there, but was rectified when told office that day. Wifi is exceptional as I was doing some uni work while there. For the price it was perfect.

Room Tip: Get the rooms closer to the road, they are further from the service station.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim P
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I needed a place to sleep that was close to San Francisco. We got there at 9:15pm and left at 8:30am the next day for a medical appointment. Almost right away my wife started to have an allergic reaction to something in the room (itching, watery eyes). Only some of the microwave buttons actually worked. The refrigerator was small and didn't keep anything very cold at all. According to their website they had VCR and DVD players...well NOT in our room! It was a factor in our decision to stay there so to say the least we were disappointed.Since it was late when we got there we didn't bother asking if they had those in the office or what the deal was. There are only a few electrical outlets in the room and only two behind the bed that were being used for clock and lamp. I had to unplug the clock so I could use it for my CPAP (breathing machine while I sleep). The other ones were further away from the bed to use for charging our cell phones. Overall...would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hlshot
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Comfortable and cozy where couples can go to have a great getaway weekend . Great location and excellent food options very close by in walking distance. Pacific people are very friendly and welcoming considering it is a tight knit community. The owner was very kind and informative and helped make the most of our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Service was horrible and owners are very unaccomodating. Had a power outage and owner refused to refund for remaining night...until huge argument finished...very irritating. Would never recommend this place. Mold on ceilings and bathrooms.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank wagne1kr
phsk100, General Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

We appreciate all feedback negative or positive to aid in our continuing effort to provide our customers the best service possible. Unfortunately there was a power outage in the middle of the night for a few hours due to a nearby transformer problem on PG&E's power pole. We have no control over PG&E's electrical infrastructure and as these problems are very rare, unforeseen circumstances do happen. Customer demanded a full refund in the morning after already being accommodated for 2 of 3 nights without any complaints. All guest's were advised, in the early morning, that the power would be restored within approximately 1/2 hour by PG&E's service technicians. The customer wanted a guarantee that the power would come back on within 1/2 hour and stay on for the duration of the stay. We could not guarantee something that is not in our control and as a result refunded the customers money. Power was restored within 20 minutes. It is unfortunate when people take advantage of situations which are out of anyone's control.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Due to the good ratings, I stayed there for three days in september. But this I cannot recommend to anybody, because of the loudness of the environment. In a pinch maximum one night. Nevertheless the room was clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was looking for a reasonably priced room close to Downtown SF but couldn't find anything in this price range with consistent good reviews. I decided to find something further out and close to a BART station.I was happy to find Travellers Inn in my price range and it had good reviews. It is only a 10 min walk from the South San Francisco BART station and there is a Costco located halfway along the walk to the motel.
The area seemed to be a safe area. I walked back from the BART station close to midnight after being downtown and only saw 1 couple sitting out in front of a condo complex having a cigarette. Even the major roadway was quiet (maybe saw 5 vehicles during my 10 min walk).
The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable (not luxury hotel comfortable but more comfortable than most places at this price).
I have already recommended this place to my friends and will stay here again next time I'm visiting San Francisco.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark F
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 27 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 27 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 27 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#2 of 27 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#5 of 6 in Pacifica
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 27 in South San Francisco

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!