“Clean, Comfortable, Reasonably Priced, Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Nanaimo, Canada
“Clean, Comfortable, Reasonably Priced, Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was looking for a reasonably priced room close to Downtown SF but couldn't find anything in this price range with consistent good reviews. I decided to find something further out and close to a BART station.I was happy to find Travellers Inn in my price range and it had good reviews. It is only a 10 min walk from the South San Francisco BART station and there is a Costco located halfway along the walk to the motel.
The area seemed to be a safe area. I walked back from the BART station close to midnight after being downtown and only saw 1 couple sitting out in front of a condo complex having a cigarette. Even the major roadway was quiet (maybe saw 5 vehicles during my 10 min walk).
The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable (not luxury hotel comfortable but more comfortable than most places at this price).
I have already recommended this place to my friends and will stay here again next time I'm visiting San Francisco.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Travelers Inn was perfect for my needs. I needed a room close to SF State to move my son into college. The room was clean and very cute. There was a microwave and fridge for snacks and drinks. The staff was very nice and accomodating. I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was looking for a clean place at a reasonable price and Traveler's Inn had it. They are energy conscious so the lighting was a bit dim, and the timer on one light kept turning off while I was reading, but other than that, not too bad.

Room Tip: Rooms 22 and up are a little further from traffic, I think.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Travelers Inn suited our needs well. We simply needed a place to put our heads for one night (i.e. no need for a pool or other such amenities). The staff was friendly, the room was comfortable, and the location was handy (Chevron Mini Mart, Grocery Outlet, Subway and even Costco were in walking distance). They accommodated us with an early check-in and they helped arrange for a taxi the next morning to get to the San Francisco airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had a very comfortable stay at Travellers Inn. The beds are good, rooms are clean and quiet and well equipped with TV, Microwave, minifridge & internet access. We were very pleased with the value for money. South San Francisco BART station not very far away. Thumbs up from us!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

The room was very clean and tidy. We were there for an overnight stay and it had everything we needed to be comfortable ( fridge, microwave, tv, internet access ). The staff was very helpful, and accommodating. I would recommend it to anyone that needs an affordable place to stay that is close to the areas surrounding San Francisco. The only difficulty we had was seeing it from the road. We will use it again next time we need a place to stay near San Francisco.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel with my 2 young kids. The area was great and close to everything. At night the place was very quite. The place looked newly remodeled and shiny. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to San Francisco.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms closer to the car wash.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,868 reviews
Alpine Inn & Suites
Alpine Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Daly City
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
El Camino Inn
El Camino Inn
#4 of 6 in Daly City

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!