“Affordable. Decent place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Pointe Hotel

Park Pointe Hotel
Los Angeles, California
“Affordable. Decent place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

First time in SF. Didn't want to pay too much for a hotel, but I didn't want to stay in a dump either lol! For 3ppl we paid $89 a night plus $20 for an xtra person. Stayed 2 nights $228

Hotel was about 15 min drive from Alcatraz landing (fisherman's wharf area). Ok location with Denny's and other restaurants near by. Room was spacious with two double beds. Room was clean, beds were clean. A little hard but that didn't bother me. Free parking.

Free "continental breakfast" included cereals, waffles, pancakes, OJ/cranberry juice. Cocktail fruit and bagels. I'm not complaining! U get what you pay for. It was filling. Housekeeping did come to our room while we were out and I was satisfied.

I would stay here again

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on the night before our flight. Their Park and Fly special was $99 for double occupancy, 14 days of parking, round trip free airport shuttle, and a complimentary breakfast. We needed 4 extra days, so we paid $5/extra day. Check-in was swift and easy due to the friendly staff, who gave us a room in the more recently renovated section. Our car was parked in the Park and Fly area, away from the street, secure for our trip. Our room was decorated in a dark wood “antique” style, with a softly padded wing-backed chair and small round table, night stand with one drawer, luggage rack, and an entertainment center/dresser with 3 drawers. The queen bed was fairly firm & supportive, and we slept well. There was plenty of light with three lamps, and they had a working alarm clock, a phone, an older TV, an iron and board, and hangars in the large closet with sliding mirrored doors. The spacious bathroom counter had an inset sink and a new looking wooden framed mirror. There were complimentary toiletries, nice fluffy white towels (2 sets), and enough racks for both hand and bath towels. The toilet/shower area was nicely tiled, the fixtures worked well, and the area was large enough for two people to use the sink at one time. The continental breakfast had 2 juices, coffee, 2 kinds of bread, bagels, with butter, jam, peanut butter, and cream cheese, 4 cereals, milk, and frozen pancakes and waffles with syrup.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms and upstairs, inner courtyard rooms have nicer views
1 Thank Kip F
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am a single woman who stayed there for 3 nights with my 15 year old son. After being gone all day long, I tried to take a shower but had issues with the faucet. I called the front desk who said she would send the maintenance guy. I called back to say I was uncomfortable having a strange man come to the room when I only had a towel on, I tried to ask if she can connect me to him rather than having him come to my room. She hung up on me. I called back upset and irate, she hung up on me again. When I went to the front desk, she call the police on me!!! The officer have me the Managers name to talk to the next day. The manager was out, but the asst. manager was very nice but had no comping authority. I finally spoke w/ the manager 3 days after I returned home who flat out said he wasn't going to credit my card, he took the side of his clerk because I was getting upset on the phone with him. I am the paying customer and I have never been retreated so poorly!!!! I will never stay here or like a place like this again. I will happily pay $300+ p/night in the future. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank missmarch
Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Booked this hotel because of reading others reviews. It seemed pretty good but for 89 per night it was totally not worth it. First thing, it is not a hotel. It is a motel. Hotels are inside and this one definitely tricks you into believing it's one main building. It looks like a holiday inn when you first pull up but then you go into the lobby and think it's really nice, you walk out to the courtyard and see that it's all outside. 2 floors and needs renovating. The beds were very hard and you can hear a lot of noise through the bathroom walls. The rooms were clean and very basic. Plus at 3am you can hear the dump trucks and garbage trucks backing up nice and loud. Shuttle service and right by airport is great. This is a good 1 or 2 night quick stay type of place. The vending machines were not working. Definitely do some research on prices before you plan to stay here. It is really far from downtown san fran too.

Room Tip: Book way in advance for hotels and look for a promo code online to get discounts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

It looks like the rooms have just been renovated, and is much improved compared to the rooms when it was once called good nite inn. The outside us awful though. We drove round the back and all of the old mattresses were stacked up outside for the world to see. It was a little gross. The breakfast is very basic. Bagels, toast and cereal.

• Stayed September 2012
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The CitiGarden is an older 2 story motel in close proximity to SFO. It is of the vintage of motels with external doors on first and second floor walkways, sufficient parking, and under window HVAC units. We found our room quite cramped and a bit Spartan, but clean and serviceable (e.g., you could not close the bathroom door after sitting on the toilet). Some furnishings were a bit worn (the carpet was due for replacement), but some were new and well-designed, so the place is being periodically and thoughtfully updated. The bed was comfortable enough that I had a good night's sleep. There is a shuttle service and continental breakfast in the morning, but we did not try either given our flight schedule and the fact we had a rental car to turn in. Interestingly, internet is not included in the room rate, an unusual departure for this class hotel/motel. The hotel has a very large number of rooms and rates are quite good compared to the competition (I was a bit shocked to find the nearby Holiday Inn Express asking $267 a night - apparently there was a lot of demand during our visit, since this was the only SFO hotel I found with both a favorable rate and available rooms). I would judge our room too small for more than 2 people. If like us you just need a place to crash before catching a flight out of SFO, this is a good choice and one I would happily use again. It's not more than a 3 star accommodation, but does not pretend to be.

1 Thank JAXers
San Francisco Bay Area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We travel out of SFO often and are always looking for a reasonable place to stay one night, while we park our car for 14 nights or more. The parking is outside. I am not sure is the lot is under surveillance or has a security patrol. We stayed mid Sept 2012 for one night and picked up our car upon our return just last week. While the package price is good, being that it is the same cost as parking at one of the lots near SFO, the room is minimal. If you are used to 3 and 4 stars, you may want to splurge and pay a bit more for a park/stay/fly package. Reading the reviews prior to our stay, I knew that the shower temperature might be too hot, and indeed it was. Somewhat noisy location. Upon entering our room, there were no towels, so a nice lady I found in the laundry room was able to help us with that (I might add that the towels were fluffier and of better quality than some of the 3 and 4 star hotels!). The hotel is really a motel - old 2 story. It serves the purpose for just a bed to sleep in, before or after a flight. Our car was in one piece when we picked it up, so we were happy about that. Package price was the same or less than parking at a lot near SFO. All the other SFO parking package hotels were full, so we chose this one as it was the only one that had availability. I don't understand why more hotels near San Francisco airport cannot offer the park/stay/fly package - seems it would be very lucrative and judging by our attempts to find availability, it seems there is definitely a need near SFO! We would definitely like to see more hotels offer these package deals for parking 14 nights or more, and we would love a secure parking feature or parking garage availability. So, as for CitiGarden Hotel SFO, it is a place to stay and park for 14 days. For us, I think I would check out other nearby hotels (if available!) because we are just used to 3 and 4 star, but that is just us. I did want to mention the attached Chinese buffet restaurant, which we liked very much ($15pp and drinks are extra). The selection of food was the most we've seen at a Chinese buffet, and tasty too! Lastly, if anyone else has ideas on the best & most economical & safe places to park/stay/fly near SFO, please drop me a note. Thank you & Happy Travels!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business