“Bad Food Served in a Filthy Environment”
Review of New Mandarin Garden - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Mandarin Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have eaten thousands of restaurant meals in my long lifetime and the meal I had at NMG was one of the worst.

The food was gross. The BBQ pork slices were slimy and smelled strange- signifying they were old. I hope to god the one piece I ate doesn't give me botulism. The other 2 dishes we ordered were lifeless and greasy and poorly prepared. It was a slap in the face to the proud cuisine of China.

Even worse, we tried not to look at the walls while we ate which were spattered with bits of food and dark liquids. The flooring was also dingy and gross. It feels like the health department is not really giving this place an honest lookover...

1  Thank Alzor S

Reviewed November 1, 2012

They have very good weekend breakfast...soy bean milk with the chinese donuts is wonderful way to start the weekend. They also have very good pot stickers and black bean noodles...

1  Thank Mama888
Reviewed November 14, 2010

How many of you were asked to pay a tip? I personally have been to many restaurants all over the US and was never asked to pay a tip, but unfortunately the lady at the cash register was really impolite and rude, she made remarks " Are you an American?" I am not sure from her front view and the back view she never appeared to be one.....:-)

I don't have any bad remarks about the food out there, it's good....but unfortunately all the good taste turned out to have a bad taste after interacting with this cashier lady...

1  Thank skumar063
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Improved from 1 year ago

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Tasty food, but you will pay for every morsel.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook